Innokin
What's new

When will vaping have an impact on tobacco related health stats?

Vape Superstore
Thanks for that ... it's a pleasure to read a cogent well-written piece by anybody who is as cynical as myself :2thumbsup:

It sounds like we're going to have to go Buzz Lightyear "Never give up - Never Surrender" :D

It'll be interesting to find out what the new level of committed smokers will be ... vaping is mainstream now, everybody in the UK knows about it, yet there's still 17-18% of the population who continue to smoke. There's no current obstacle to switching as the TPD has not come into effect ... we can still buy any vaping gear we want, we can still buy concentrated nic in 5 litre jerry cans, we can still buy e-juice in 100ml bottles. The choice is there to be made. There's an obstinate level of smoking prevalence which will take years and years to reduce.

The argument is raging, I feel like the media stories are turning a corner (don't you?) and the full weight of PHE is behind vaping. How far, realistically, can vaping make a dent in that 17-18%? For sure it'll never be zero, even if smoking was prohibited, even if the TPD continues to be "worked around". It's a false dream to believe that all smokers will switch or give up and I think it's equally false to blame the government if people continue to smoke. Nobody is forcing anybody to light up a fag.

AcmeFog
Back
Top Bottom