What's new

batteries

vainclouds

Postman
I went to a local shop to buy a couple of 18650's and they currently only sell efest and aspire. What's the general consensus on these?
I'm sure I read some negative views on them but cant find the thread.

Efest I've heard have a good set of batteries that have come out recently. There old ones a cack. But rather get aspire batteries over efest anyday

aren't the aspire ICR chemistry? I was lead to believe they aren't as safe as IMR but I couldn't tell you exactly why.

I personally wouldn't get either if I am honest, you are much better going with a battery from the big brands such as LG, Samsung ETC.

Some good cells are the samsung 25R which has kind of become a go to battery for vaping, the LG HE4 which is virtually identical in spec to the 25R, or for higher capacity there is the LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q.

I get my batteries from Batteries plus, if you want to support your local store though and do not like buying online, maybe suggest they stock some of the bigger brands?

I personally wouldn't get either if I am honest, you are much better going with a battery from the big brands such as LG, Samsung ETC.

Some good cells are the samsung 25R which has kind of become a go to battery for vaping, the LG HE4 which is virtually identical in spec to the 25R, or for higher capacity there is the LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q.

I get my batteries from Batteries plus, if you want to support your local store though and do not like buying online, maybe suggest they stock some of the bigger brands?
They used to do different batteries and were a good price but this is all they are going to have for now. I have a mod coming which I need 2 batteries but I have cleaned out my bank and only have cash. It may not arrive this week anyway.

They used to do different batteries and were a good price but this is all they are going to have for now. I have a mod coming which I need 2 batteries but I have cleaned out my bank and only have cash. It may not arrive this week anyway.
OK, I see, you really are limited to these two choices if you want to use the device right away.

Do you know which Efest batteries they are? As there are some that are rewraps of good batteries, so if they are your only option then they will be OK.

I am not sure what the aspire batteries are if I am honest, I have never checked, but if what I read above that they are potentially an ICR type cell, stay well away from them.

EDIT: I realise you mention the mod may not arrive this week anyway, if that is the case then don't get either, I know you want the batteries ready for your new device, but it really is best to go for a quality battery especially if you have up to a week to get them.

Last edited:
Aspire%2018650%201.jpg

@conanthewarrior it says ICR on all the ones I can see anyway. I don't know if they do different ones though.

No idea what the efest ones were, the aspire were the ones in the pic. Have a couple of other shops I can try, they were always a bit expensive though.
Like I said the mod might not even arrive until next week so I might be ok to wait and buy online. Thought I would check them out on here before buying batteries in not sure of.

Back
Top Bottom