What's new

Genuine Kayfun V5 Problem?

@Rob it has been like this from day one. Here in Northern Ireland last week was not that hot. It was something like 15 degrees. Maybe try a rewick at the weekend and if still the same, its a call to cremedevape. I have even tried 1-1/2 turns of juice control but still the same.

Must be a wicking issue then Frank? I find that both the V3 and the 5 require remarkably little wick to be down on the deck, just enough to rest on it, no more than that.
Give that a try? :) Can I come over to NI then? I love warm weather, but this recent burst, coupled with the high humidity doesn't suit the prosthetic legs at all.:(;)

Well, the continuing saga with my V5. I have been in contact with Keith at cremedevape and after trying several different wicking options with him, it is still leaking through the bottom. It even leaked when left overnight with the juice contreol closed. I have asked for a replacement. The weird thing is that I put exactly the same build into the SXK clone and its leak free.

@franko666 is it anything like the problem discussed here:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/.../threads/kayfun-mini-v3-clone-leaking.113448/

If it leaks with the JFC closed it's not a wicking problem and sounds like it might be the problem I describe in post #12.
My original theory was a machining precision/tolerance issue, but based on that thread it seems like it might be to do with the size/positioning of the bottom o-ring (I can't verify this on my V3 plus now because I damaged it quite badly with some overenthusiastic plier action [not recommended], so I stripped it for parts and binned the rest).

On a cheap clone I'd try to fiddle and fix it, on a genuine I'd send it back for sure.

I received my V5 from Cremedevapes last week and over the last day or so, it has started to leak out the bottom and on to the mod 510 connector. Anyone had the same issues?
The screw on bottom part isn't just to screw it on. It is the liquid flow too. Too tight it will close it and cause dry hits. 2 turns using the emblem as a marker is fully open. When filling with eliquid you must always close tight fully, fill and then open to your desired liquid flow although i always do fully open. This and the use of airflow mechanism are in the instruction manual online although it is easy to miss the point as i did for months myself.

;
I received my V5 from Cremedevapes last week and over the last day or so, it has started to leak out the bottom and on to the mod 510 connector. Anyone had the same issues?
The screw on bottom part isn't just to screw it on. It is the liquid flow too. Too tight it will close it and cause dry hits. 2 turns using the emblem as a marker is fully open. When filling with eliquid you must always close tight fully, fill and then open to your desired liquid flow although i always do fully open. This and the use of airflow mechanism are in the instruction manual online although it is easy to miss the point as i did for months myself.

Found a great answer to leaking generally on another forum. The O ring on the lid. Get something like a toothpick and make sure it’s fit right up to the lid.. No step down the thread, all the way to the top. I went for 2 years of leaking before i found this because it didn’t say anywhere else and completely solved it.

Back
Top Bottom