What's new

Mouth/throat burn and no taste

vaporiser

Postman
Happens quite often.. and I can't figure out why. It's not the coil.. and it happens with any liquid or amount of nicotine. And I do prime the coil every time. The vape is very unpleasant when it burns and is tasteless. Then I could leave it and come back to it and it's fine :S

Dry hit?
The wick not keeping up with your vaping and running out of juice till you leave it for a while and more juice soaks up.

Sometimes it happens even on the first vape. I've noticed if I reduce the airflow or lower the watts and then gradually build up and open the airflow, this makes a big difference...

The normal solutions to dry hits are to use less power, vape less often, use thinner juice or make a better wick.
If you start low till it is warmed up then the heat will thin the juice so could reduce the dry hits.
Sounds to me like you are vaping near the limit of what your system can handle so you have to use one of the normal solutions.
That is if I am right, and I have been known to be wrong.

I am only using 50w on a 100w mod. It's strange that it helps by closing the air flow over half way...

I am only using 50w on a 100w mod. It's strange that it helps by closing the air flow over half way...
So by that logic if you put you atty on a 200w mod it should be ok because you would only be using 1/4 power instead of 1/2 power.

Let us know what atty you are using and what coil, whether it is stock or self build.
What type of wick and juice.
PG VG ratio.

Someone may be able to be more specific.

@oldhippydude is quite right the atty you are using will perform best at a given wattage. If I use my Kayfun 3.1 on my DNA200 mod it will only take upto 15w or less before I get a dry hit so just turn it down to 20w and increase from there untill it's not so good and back it down again, if it's not your wicking.

It is as said all about the atty and we need to know what it is. Your coils have a rating, and all are different. Some 0.2 coils want 85w, some want 40w., and it's the same with home made coils as well.

I am using SS 0.5ohm coil and Hangsen 6mg juice. PG 80 VG 20. I thought that on a 100w device you should be able to go up to 80 or 90w without a problem, is this not true?

Back
Top Bottom