What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Taste

deano

Initiate
Hi all. I know i am probably going to get the answer " change your liquid " but i have bought an e-liquid that i like,Berries and cream, but i can barely taste it now i have been using it for a little while. Can anyone tell me if this is a side affect or am i going mad. i have bought liquids from a seller on a stall before and apart from the coffee one his ones just taste absolutely foul,like flavoured washing up liquid as he does these himself so i bought a good one from a vape shop which is the one that i am talking about " Berries and Cream" which tasted lovely until now as i cannot taste much anymore. " Help is it me".

Thanks Dean

@deano hi and welcome sounds like you may have vapours tongue try some Heisenberg juice I wouldn't recommend buying from market stalls mate you don't know what environment it is made ie clean room etc there is cheaper juices that are very good and not expensive try http://molejuice.uk/shop/.
Also this site for Heisenberghttps://www.vampirevape.co.uk/.

I've found the same when I stuck to the same flavours for more than a few days. 8 months on I have a wider palette, and if I get used to, or bored with a flavour, I try something very different. I'm always on the lookout for new stuff though.

If it is vapers tongue, follow the above advice.

Oh and welcome :)

It happened to me when I first started vaping, and I thought I was going mad too! :D

It very probably is the dreaded 'vaper's tongue', which is a kind of flavour fatigue where you can no longer taste your juice. As has been said, it can happen if you vape the same flavour, or type of flavour; all the time and the best thing to do is give your tastebuds a shock by trying something very different and very strong - Heisenberg is indeed a good one, or menthol, aniseed, lemon ..... you get the picture. It's also worth making sure to clean your teeth thoroughly and brush your tongue to ensure your tastebuds are in good working order! It affects some people more, and for longer, than others - lasted a few days with me. Good luck!

yep it sounds like vapers tongue like ppl have said and more probaly will switch between flavours i have two tanks for both my mods so through the day i change them around

This definitely sounds like the dreaded " vapers tongue" as mentioned-which is essentially where your brain gets so used to a scent, it blocks that scent out so you can smell other things.

I have had it a few times, and I find that a strong menthol flavour, just for a day, usually sorts me out, and I can enjoy tasting my favourite flavours again!

I haven't tried heisenberg as mentioned in this thread, but I gather it is also a very strong flavour that works in a similar way?

Another trick you can try is smell some coffee grounds, which is apparently a perfumers trick to get their sense of smell back on track-essentially it is kind of resetting your senses. I wish you luck, and that it goes soon.

Hydration and regular oral and nasal cleansing, whatever works best for you.

Yeah that dreaded vapers tongue gets me now and again, and I too change flavour, my reset choice is cappucino, sorts me out.

Thanks for the advice, i have ordered some juice from Vampire vape as advised so will see how the taste goes.

Thanks for the advice, i have ordered some juice from Vampire vape as advised so will see how the taste goes.

Back
Top Bottom