What's new

Issues with KangerTech Topbox Nano

metalscar

Hi, bit new to vapes but struggling to get anywhere near the same kind of cloud other people seem to be getting with this device. I've got the 0.15ohm coil it came with in there with some 70% vg liquid, high quality battery with full charge, and yet when I try to go above even 9w it's flashing low battery at me.

Anyone got any experience with this unit or does it sound like I've got a dud please? Didn't cost too much (£38 in a sale and then £10 for the battery) but seen various reviewers getting a decent amount of smoke with it whereas I'm barely getting a trickle.

Not letting me edit but forgot to mention - it did come with a 0.5ohm and 1.5ohm coil too, so if I'm better of using one of those I will do, just using what was preinstalled

Kanger dropped the ball on this one with naming the SSOCC, The SS part refers to the casing not the wire .15 is actually NI200 and can only be used on TC ni mode, putting it on wattage is going to burn out your coil. The .5 is Stainless Steel and can be used in TC and wattage (sweet spot is supposed to be 50w) and I am told it's the best coil they do :)

Not letting me edit but forgot to mention - it did come with a 0.5ohm and 1.5ohm coil too, so if I'm better of using one of those I will do, just using what was preinstalled
Follow Joe90s advice and he will see you right.

Hi, bit new to vapes but struggling to get anywhere near the same kind of cloud other people seem to be getting with this device. I've got the 0.15ohm coil it came with in there with some 70% vg liquid, high quality battery with full charge, and yet when I try to go above even 9w it's flashing low battery at me.

Anyone got any experience with this unit or does it sound like I've got a dud please? Didn't cost too much (£38 in a sale and then £10 for the battery) but seen various reviewers getting a decent amount of smoke with it whereas I'm barely getting a trickle.

Are you certain your high quality battery is genuine?? Are you charging it separately or in the device?

If you are using the 0.15 ohm nickel coil, the box should automatically jump into TC mode. Is it giving you the option to actually adjust the temperature or giving you the battery error regardless??

Give the device and tank time to cool to room temp. Try removing the tank and hit the fire button, replace tank and it should ask if new or same coil (DO NOT do this if the coil is hot or just been used, give it time to cool off!!!!). Select new coil when prompted and see if that resets things. Have you also tried simply turning it on and off??

Failing that, try the 0.5 ohm clapton it comes with or the 1.5 ohm (NiChrome) and see if the top box works as it should with the other coils.

The other obvious possibility is to borrow a battery you know works fine to test your device. If no error and it vapes ok, change battery.

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom