What's new

Batteries for RX200s

Thom2022

Postman
Hey guys. What do people recommend for the rx200s for best battery life? I've got some LG 2000mah batteries that came with it (can't remember model of battery) and a set of 25rs. Lg lasts no time at all. 25rs are not much better to be honest. I'm not getting much more than 8 hours out of a set.
Seem many good things about 30Q but they are a 15A battery and the manual recommends 20 (may be 25 not got manual to hand) I know 25r's are supposedly 20a but torchy tests and sells them as 30a so can 30Qs reliable handle higher than rated?
Anyways what's your recommendations?
Thanks

I use 25r's and yep they don't last that long, have a set of basen and they last considerably longer I read somewhere they are rewrapped lg but cant remember which ones.

30Q's are a 20a battery. I use them in both my regulated mods (Cuboid and RX) without any problems at all. I've also used 25R's and HE4's in both and they last considerably longer than 8hrs. What wattage are you running?

30qs are a very good battery, and indeed Samsung appear to have been rather conservative on their 15a rating. If you're not running high wattages then they'd be great.
But if your cells in the RX are only getting you 8 hours you must be pumping the watts? I run mine with either 25rs or HG2's, normally 90-110 watts ish dependant on what's sitting on top, and like @tommywho5150 I get way more than 8 hours- even at those wattages on the 25rs.
Remember although it's regulated it's still a series box- so all your amps are passing through the first battery in the circuit.
As it seems you're running at higher watts the 30q, in my opinion is not the best choice. Stick with 25rs and HE4's which are excellent cells for high wattage regulated mods.
You run high, you burn through cells. Simples.

I get way more than 8 hrs using the Shockli 3000mah
from torchy £18.50 set of 3

Im either in TC mode at 480f or I'm in VW at 120-160.
I don't use strong juice. It's 1.5mg/ml so I chain vape a lot as in I can just happily sit there and vape none stop for a good 5-15 minute depends on how stressed/bored I am and that will repeat every 15-30 mins.

Im either in TC mode at 480f or I'm in VW at 120-160.
I don't use strong juice. It's 1.5mg/ml so I chain vape a lot as in I can just happily sit there and vape none stop for a good 5-15 minute depends on how stressed/bored I am and that will repeat every 15-30 mins.

So 30Q-s are out of the game, on such high wattage i'm unsure if there is anything to do against it. With a set of fully charged HE4-s, using at 50W it lasts me a day or so.
MOD: i use the RX200 non S version, but dont believe there is a massive difference other than the screen.

The Samsung 30Q's are a great battery, I recommend them to a lot of customers. Samsung aired on the side of caution and rated them at 15a, whereas they are more around 19/20a. 20A x 3 x 3V - 90% mod efficiency sees a safe vaping wattage of around 160watts. Samsungs will be fine. If you need any help, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom