What's new

What constitutes high end?

edwards653

Postman
Interested in everyone's opinion here, I have a few mods and tanks that I would consider high end but would love to know what others think?[emoji106]

Here's what I consider high end in my collection!
Osrix modified istick Pico
Claz 4 wood
Pipeline pro 9
Foggatti f40
Elevator v2
SVB dna40
Limelight box
Steve Johnson Pipe
Kayfun v5, mini v3, lite+
Evl reaper
Sat 22
Kabuki

@edwards653 you're on the right track in my view?
"High End" doesn't have to translate to being ridiculously expensive, more perhaps a case of limited availability and by that.... increased desirability?
You have some very respectable items there and one in particular that I have long lusted after myself.;)

Made by hand maybe? I have three "high end" things, a twisted messes squared, halcyon DNA 200 squonker and a tmods customs micro sqonker and the difference in quality, with the workmanship on those compared with my cheaper mass produced devices is measurable.

What's that Rob?
Some of the gear I have has been bought on the classifieds as I wouldn't have afforded them otherwise. Personally, I agree, limited availability is what I associate with high end rather than price.

I have lusted after a Limelight Pylon for such a long time and then they produced "The Box". :)
Their work really is superb and something that I find incredibly pleasing aesthetically. I am ashamed to say that I have only ever held a Pylon once, but it has stayed at the top of the memory bank ever since. I do occasionally see them at very reasonable prices, but they are always just out of reach financially when they do appear.

One Day!!! :2thumbsup:

Of course, just about ANYTHING by Osrix Creations would be nice too. I had the great honour of using my Mates beautiful one a few months ago, Ben only made 2 of them and Chris had the first. If you follow Ben on fb you'll know the Mod of which I speak, it was VERY briefly with Todd, but is now back with its rightful owner.:)

Yes, the limelight is a thing of beauty and customer service is fantastic. When I bought mine 2nd hand it was missing the leather case, a quick email to dejan had that sorted QuickTime! The pico from osrix is brilliant, I got the maple wood and its a lovely wee thing, Benji does beautiful work [emoji3]

uploadfromtaptalk1469435585890.jpg

I hope this shows up, here is a picture of my box Rob.
Got 3 sets of panels and a spare new board with it in case it ever needs replaced!

Back
Top Bottom