What's new

Taking the plunge. Help me.

Anytime a mesh is not right, check for hot spots.
Just because you spent ages getting rid of them, does not mean they are not back a minute later.

I only ever managed one good mesh build, fortunately it was my first and I used it for months.
I have spent a couple of weekends trying to repeat that early beginners luck.

Perhaps one day I will return to genesis and mesh, I really liked it but @Jugg1es did warn you, read his post again I think he said it all.

When it did work, I eventually got what I can only describe as a metallic flavour, not overpowering, but it was there. Dry hit? Cack build? Ideas?
That taste comes from a hotspot, it doesn't take much to knock a build in the early days and for a hotspot to form, persevere and you will get there.

That's really bad that you broke the tank but I like your positive attitude because you will need it with gennies. The posts above explain the horrible taste so the only thing I can advise is to watch some videos
(don't watch any subscribing to the Peter Kay method, it will drive you nuts) all I can say is when you get it working you will have really good flavour and a build that will last for a long time (depending on juice).

I run two Origen V2 MKIIs. Both Tobeco clones.

I use 60/40 or 70/30 tobacco juices. I build around 1ohm. 5-6wraps 26g, 3.5mm over the larger holes. The holes most people call the cotton holes. I use a 25mm wick. About 10mm of #200sf inner, inserted into 25mm of #200 outer. Run them around 16w.

Last edited:
aaaand I broke it. Refigured it as per @smplmind (cheers btw), tightened it down and the glass cracked! Oh well, will have another go in a few weeks when the 10 spares glasses show up. It was a promising start, though.
PM me your address, I just got some spare glass tanks. I'll send you one. Be quicker than the Chinese...

Oh matey, that would be handy! Let me know what the postage is and I'll PayPal that to you, or I could send you some back when I receive from ft. PM'ed.

Glass arrived from @domejunky, my hero! Fitted and unbroken. Tank and I are now locked in a Mexican stand-off with Mr Wick and Mr Kanthal.

Glass arrived from @domejunky, my hero! Fitted and unbroken. Tank and I are now locked in a Mexican stand-off with Mr Wick and Mr Kanthal.
Solved it? I got some new mesh yesterday (had been living off a donation from @Rob) and rebuilt one of mine. Are you fitting you coil then unfurling the wick into it?

What technique are you using to oxidise the mesh?

First attempt was wrapping wire around the wick. Unfurling sounds like a winner, oxidising with fire. Lots of fire. NASA would be interested in this nuclear jet propulsion level of fire.

After an initial burn with a blow torch, while the mesh is still flat, i've had the most success with burning juice off the rolled wick. I got the technique from an old Pegasus Academy video - he said to repeat it at least 6 times - which seems to work for me.

Back
Top Bottom