What's new

Leaving the EU

If we don`t leave the EU ,then democracy is dead,they all lied,both sides,they are still all lying,doesn`t look good does it?
BUT.
Don`t forget,the vote was to leave the EU not to leave Europe,we still are and always will be a part of Europe.
We will govern ourselves,by our "elected" Government "Democratically",not be led by the non elected EU Government.

Ok we have voted to leave the EU. Some people say this will help us defeat the TPD some say the TPD will get worse, but to even start we need to trigger Article 50 to leave, here are what the bookies are saying....

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexi...-50-might-never-be-triggered-2016-7?r=US&IR=T
Let me just put this out there. I am a former betting shop manager of almost 10 years. so how do bookies make a profit?. The answer is by getting things wrong or some could say duping gamblers into backing the wrong horse so to speak.
Someone else said the bookies had odds on can't remember the price we would remain and i told him exactly the same as i am saying now i think it will happen so get your money on the bigger price you'll get more money back.
Favourites do sometimes win races but if you want to proove what i say is right check how many UK races run tomorrow and then count how many are won by the favourites.
Wait till the Footy season starts and get a coupon from the bookies then choose say 6 teams to win their match. I can near guarantee one of the most likely winners will either lose or draw. All i am saying is don't trust what the bookies say. i have seen how they make money.

As far as vaping is concerned TPD was only the vehicle for regulation to destroy competition in the smoking market, it wiill go ahead whether we leave the EU or not
It was very telling watching the debates in the Lords especially - where it was almost unanimously in favour of vaping, some Lords had quit and used vaping gear- I even agreed with Michael Forsyth - but no one really could explain where this clause came from, yet it was forced through.
Some said it was a stitch up right enough
Despite the health benefits, despite the huge success rate, it was costing Pharma billions and consequently hitting the exchequer.
As far as I can see, lobbying and a loss is excise duty have meant the decision to cause critical damage to vaping had already been bought and paid for.
The convoluted way it was shoe horned in to the TPD (despite not being a tobacco product) and the focus on the dangers of nicotine liquid while completely ignoring the thousands of other dangerous liquids we can buy by the metric tonne if we wish.
The way government refused to have any kind of public information issued on the benefits of vaping or to dispel the propaganda against it - which could have saved lives.

Tobacco and Parma companies get their own way, always.

Last edited:
As far as vaping is concerned TPD was only the vehicle for regulation to destroy competition in the smoking market, it wiill go ahead whether we leave the EU or not
It was very telling watching the debates in the Lords especially - where it was almost unanimously in favour of vaping, some Lords had quit and used vaping gear- I even agreed with Michael Forsyth - but no one really could explain where this clause came from, yet it was forced through.
Some said it was a stitch up right enough
Despite the health benefits, despite the huge success rate, it was costing Pharma billions and consequently hitting the exchequer.
As far as I can see, lobbying and a loss is excise duty have meant the decision to cause critical damage to vaping had already been bought and paid for.
The convoluted way it was shoe horned in to the TPD (despite not being a tobacco product) and the focus on the dangers of nicotine liquid while completely ignoring the thousands of other dangerous liquids we can buy by the metric tonne if we wish.
The way government refused to have any kind of public information issued on the benefits of vaping or to dispel the propaganda against it - which could have saved lives.

Tobacco and Parma companies get their own way, always.

I`m not stopping vaping until i`m ready and i`m certainly not going back to tobacco or some other form of NRT ,so they havn`t got their way as far as i`m concerned.
The battle will continue.

Me neither bud - but it won't be the innovative competitive market we see today - hopefully there will be ways round it - but I'm just still shocked at how blatant this legislation is in paving the way for a certain sanitised, and I would bet expensive product

Let me just put this out there. I am a former betting shop manager of almost 10 years. so how do bookies make a profit?. The answer is by getting things wrong or some could say duping gamblers into backing the wrong horse so to speak.
Someone else said the bookies had odds on can't remember the price we would remain and i told him exactly the same as i am saying now i think it will happen so get your money on the bigger price you'll get more money back.
Favourites do sometimes win races but if you want to proove what i say is right check how many UK races run tomorrow and then count how many are won by the favourites.
Wait till the Footy season starts and get a coupon from the bookies then choose say 6 teams to win their match. I can near guarantee one of the most likely winners will either lose or draw. All i am saying is don't trust what the bookies say. i have seen how they make money.

makes me wonder if the bookies have put odds on The TPD failing or succeeding. I myself have do not bet but it makes you ask how much people trust who we vote into government

Did prohibition stop people drinking in thE USA, not a chance.
My take is that I will find a way. I'm a stubborn fucker, so don't tell me I can't, because I will.

makes me wonder if the bookies have put odds on The TPD failing or succeeding. I myself have do not bet but it makes you ask how much people trust who we vote into government
I just think it's all humdrum because so far nothing has been done to trigger article 50. Cameron promised to trigger it and then ran off so now it is in limbo. If the Government fail to trigger article 50 guess what I think UKIP will win the next election so it does happen. The only reason Tories got in was because they offered the referendum.

Back
Top Bottom