What's new

Building mod using r80 as a donor.

hankhellings

Hi I recently bought a smok r80 which now has a faulty micro USB port. Therefore I would like to make a mod using 18650 batteries as the power source. Am I correct in thinking 2 18650s would be similar enough in voltage to replace current cells?

Hi I recently bought a smok r80 which now has a faulty micro USB port. Therefore I would like to make a mod using 18650 batteries as the power source. Am I correct in thinking 2 18650s would be similar enough in voltage to replace current cells?

The lipo inside will be @ 4.2v so you could get away with 1x 18650 or any parrallel configuration you please. If in doubt just check the spec on the lipo when you disassemble. Match voltage and make sure the new batteries match or exceed C rating and your golden.
Thought of where you are going with the enclosure yet?

Had a look inside its dual 18650s in parallel.
Not sure on enclosure fancied a dual 18650 squonker.
I could make one out of wood using a router if I can't find anything suitable.

Last edited:
Had a look inside its dual 18650s in parallel.
Not sure on enclosure fancied a dual 18650 squonker.
I could make one out of wood using a router if I can't find anything suitable.

if you`r going dual paralel it will be a wide bugger most of the squonker`s out there are just a single 18650 battery setup.

if you`r going dual paralel it will be a wide bugger most of the squonker`s out there are just a single 18650 battery setup.
Yeah 2 battery's a squonker and chip to go in would take up a lot of space. Unless I built a really long mod with batteries at the bottom. Probably have to with a single 18650.

Back
Top Bottom