What's new

Taking the plunge. Help me.

bern

Postman
OK, the mesh thing has piqued my interest and have ordered a Origen V2 from FT. Clone thing I guess, but hey ho.
I have cleared a direct path to the back of the garden, should defenestration be the end result, Jonny Wilkinson style.

But a few questions;
What is a topper?
What can be used for wicking? Is the mesh reasonable wick as standalone?
What sort of Ohms/Watts should be used (currently circa 1 ohm/ 16-20 W on rta's)?
Any other keywords, hints and tips gratefully received.

Cheers Apes.

@Rob @juggles will be best placed, but forget toppers to start with, one wick from mesh will be enough of a ballache

Hey @bern, mesh is perfectly suitable to be used as a wicking material. They form little mesh straws which work through capillary action. A topper is essentially just a mesh 'collar' under the coil. I coil most of my builds @ 0.5ohm and generally run them on a mech, so about 30w and I can pretty much chain vape that. Watch YouTube and don't give up, you'll swear, scream, burn yourself, get the worst dry hits and generally fall into the "Gennys are the devils plaything" frame of mind. If you can get past that then you'll be rewarded with a clean, crisp and flavorful vape.
What are you thinking of getting?
Edit :just noticed the bit about the origen.
It's for dual coil but I'd recommend a single coil.
That reminds me, I've got one myself I've not even wicked it yet. [emoji2]

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Well, that has pointed out to me how shit my juice is.
image.jpeg

But I do think something is wrong. If the positive end of the coil is uppermost, ergo the negative is posterior. The lead run is dangerously close to shorting on the p post. Should I be running a long neg lead over and away from p post?

If you build is the pic above you have the negative lead trapped under the fill plug, you should have a screw in that hole to the right of your wick and the neg lead under that. You don't need an open hole for the origen to wick proerly. Also the leads should be as short as possible to stop hot legs and horrible taste. I use this tank most of the time but dual coil.

aaaand I broke it. Refigured it as per @smplmind (cheers btw), tightened it down and the glass cracked! Oh well, will have another go in a few weeks when the 10 spares glasses show up. It was a promising start, though.

When it did work, I eventually got what I can only describe as a metallic flavour, not overpowering, but it was there. Dry hit? Cack build? Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom