What's new

Wismec RX200S With Smok TFV8 Issues

percymama

Initiate
Hi Guys

I got my new Wismed RX200S yesterday, along with the new Smok TFV8 Tank

First thing I noticed was the tank leaking, but there is a simple fix for this, kinda disappointed they have still not fixed this though?

Added to this, the tank wont sit on top of the RX200S correctly, and keeps saying either "Atomizer Low" or Atomizer Short" so I guess I need to get some sort of rubber gasket to fit between the tank and mod!

But my biggest issue is anything above 80w burns like hell! the tank gets too hot to touch, and more than 3 seconds of vaping burns my lips

And on top of all this, where the hell is my super cloud vapour!!!

I am assuming the stock coils are SS (can someone confirm this) but with One of the stock coils, using the SS option in settings, it simply turns to VW everytime?

I have tried at 90/100/120 Watts, but as I said anything above 80w gets way too hot for comfort (both stock coils)

Using 70/30 VG to PG

I also have an Innokin 40w mod here with a Isub G, set a 3.8V - and it produces as much vapour as this new set up??

I am really disappointed with my new purchase :(

Or am I doing something wrong here? I was hoping to fill the room with smoke with this "Cloud Beast" but it feels like a bit of a let down if you cant vape above 80w :/

Thanks guys :)

Did you sort these issues out in the end? I'm also using the TFV8 and at first it did exactly the same as what you've described. Then it started chucking out huge clouds, working well at high watts and staying at a cool temperature. And now it's gone back to the way it was. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong?

Did you sort these issues out in the end? I'm also using the TFV8 and at first it did exactly the same as what you've described. Then it started chucking out huge clouds, working well at high watts and staying at a cool temperature. And now it's gone back to the way it was. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong?
I remember their was some issues with smok tanks not being compatible with the early rx's in fact I think that said using one would void it's warranty. Amok tanks have become well known leakers but as for the coils. It is likely to be ss some mods refuse to recognize ss coils as tc and throw you back to wattage but to be honest until you check what the material is only use it in wattage. Manufacturers are appalling at clearly showing the coil material these days. So have a check on the smok site. Hopefully someone will be along shortly with more experience with the tank.

Have you updated the mod? There's a new update for it that ups it to 250W and also sorts out the TC. Mine used to spit me back into VW until I updated it.

Back
Top Bottom