What's new

Review Aspire Nautilus X

niall yeldham

Initiate
Aspire Nautilus X

QSPfObe.jpg

It came in a huge cardboard box!

I know this tank has been out for a while, but I wanted to give it a fair shake of the tree. I don't really MTL, I prefer the taste and feel of MTL, it's less like smoking, and I'm happy with that.
That being said this is a very good little tank. I think it vapes great. It doesn't have as much flavour as my other tanks, which are, for the most part dual coil RTA's, but it is good. I use this almost exclusively at my mother-in-laws house, and public areas.
It's great as a little stealth tank, I get a nic hit, and that's what I want.

b2Ds9E3.jpg

Very easy top-fill. Think Cleito if you have one.

It fills easy, doesn't leak, as I still haven't needed to change the coil, but this is likely because I don't use it that much/often. In this image you can see the off centre hole, this is where the vapour leaves the coil, just out of view, opposite this hole, but on the side of the coil is the airflow in. The air passes the coil twice, supposedly taking on more flavour and vapour by doing so, I don't really know about this, for me it vapes the same as a Nautilus mini (my wifes), albeit with a looser draw. Big juice holes on the coil mean you can use high VG liquid, but again, my wife uses my ejuice (normally 80/20 vg/pg 3mg nic) in her nautilus mini with no problems.
I do think that whilst the design is clever, and meets the tpd (to some extent),its a bit unnecessary. The top airflow is good, but the control is naff, awkward to change and see where its set.
The drip-tip is another bone of contention. Me and the wife both think it's uncomfortable, and the "X" isn't 510 compatible.

w0TvNGI.jpg

In the little stylish box is a spare glass, and another coil.

The coils included (1 pre-fitted) are both 1.5ohm, and I vape it at 14w, it's fine at that, no need to push it and try for a tight lung hit, like other reviews I've seen, that's not the point of this tank. If you go much higher, and hit it often (like I did in the toilets at the cinema), it'll get hot on you quick. And there's not much warning as the coil is close to the tip, and your lips.

YXCbmy6.jpg

The "X" Sat on my Socialites Tornado

To sum it up, if you have a good MTL tank all ready, then you don't need this. If you are buying for a first timer, or your new to vaping yourself, then this is a great little tank worth getting.

I got myself one the other day and like it. It's been chucked in my pocket and bag - no leaks. Great for out and about instead of my subtank/crown/vaporesso as it obviously chucks out smaller clouds.
Quite happy to recommend it for mtl fans

I was thinking of getting one of these to use with my Pico for Mouth To Lung stealthy vaping but tried a mates and wasnt that impressed comparing it to my Melo 3 which does nicely with a rebuild-able coil it hadnt got the same flavour imho and was a bit of a let down , like the look of it though .
Im still looking for another short new MTL tank besides my Kayfuns and Melo 3 does anyone do any different rebuilable coils to that new Nautilus X system , Id be interested then

anybody who has one of these is there another type of coil available or a rebuild able - love the tank size and top fill but unimpressed with the coil performance

There are 1.8ohm coils now for this but don't know if they are any better than the 1.5 I have got one and am also not impressed with the flavour. Don't think there is an RBA for this or that you can fit different coils in it. I am going to hold fire now and see if they bring out anything else, they must have had negative feed back re the lack of flavour on this tank, we shall see!!

There are 1.8ohm coils now for this but don't know if they are any better than the 1.5 I have got one and am also not impressed with the flavour. Don't think there is an RBA for this or that you can fit different coils in it. I am going to hold fire now and see if they bring out anything else, they must have had negative feed back re the lack of flavour on this tank, we shall see!!
Yes was very disappointed too and wonder what they were thinking with that new coil design , seems to me to be a tank to conform to the new rules for next year and certainly for me anyway the flavour is worse than the original same really as it does look nice - hopefully there will be a rebuild-able surface

There are 1.8ohm coils now for this but don't know if they are any better than the 1.5 !
You mentioning that thought Id try yet another coil and the fluctuation in ohm resistance on my spare coils Ive just checked is worrying to they all (5) registered anything from 1.6 to higher than 1.7 on 2 mods 1 doesnt work at all , really put me off now that the quality of the spare coils is suspect too look nice but vary so much youve got to wonder about wicking etc inside maybe thats half the problem with poor flavour too

Back
Top Bottom