What's new

wicky-leaks?

steam crave

Manufacturer
A Step by Step Pictorial - how to wick the Aromamizer RDTAs and avoid leaking issues

If you have leak problem in Aromamizer, please check below step by step pictorial

http://forum.steamcrave.com/post/wickyleaks-8154022

In summary then ... a. think fluffy clouds of wick, nicely relaxed and never compacted ... b. ensure the deck is covered by your wick tails, don't leave any of the deck exposed, especially not the juice holes ... c. keep all the wicking within the circumference of the deck, don't allow the wicks to be squeezed once installed or the juice will be forced out onto the chamber walls.

Never had an issue with leaking, bought one when it first came out quick 5 wrap flapton build from flatwireUK and it was a pleasure to vape and I don't really use tanks but the flavour was bang on. After that I sat it down and carried on using my drippers. Now I've gone back to it put a couple of fused claptons in and I constantly get dry hits, it just can't keep up. Now I'm sure I've wick it the same so I don't have a clue what I did right the first time or what the hell im doing wrong now ????? Still no leaking though

Never had an issue with leaking, bought one when it first came out quick 5 wrap flapton build from flatwireUK and it was a pleasure to vape and I don't really use tanks but the flavour was bang on. After that I sat it down and carried on using my drippers. Now I've gone back to it put a couple of fused claptons in and I constantly get dry hits, it just can't keep up. Now I'm sure I've wick it the same so I don't have a clue what I did right the first time or what the hell im doing wrong now ????? Still no leaking though
I use a lot of FCs and SFCs in RDTAs and Supremes ... as leaking isn't an issue at all for you, go for slightly less wick on the deck to speed up the wicking. Also revisit how much wick is going into your coils in case they're choking. I know the temptation is to put more wick into the hotter running coils.

I use a lot of FCs and SFCs in RDTAs and Supremes ... as leaking isn't an issue at all for you, go for slightly less wick on the deck to speed up the wicking. Also revisit how much wick is going into your coils in case they're choking. I know the temptation is to put more wick into the hotter running coils.
I ripped the cotton out today on my dinner at work and thought to myself I've only ever used this tank with vertical coils and this video builds it with horizontal so I stuck a driver in to twist them straight but only got them diagonal , fucked if I was taking them out so left it. Anyway wicked no special way just like I'd wick a dripper and it's back to vaping perfect agian just like it was when I first wicked it., gone a full day with a tank which is very rare for me not touched a dripper once and I have 4 at work. Might even get Vince to snip my 3ml top and have it as a permanent fixture on a regulated mod.
uploadfromtaptalk1466789569979.jpg

I ripped the cotton out today on my dinner at work and thought to myself I've only ever used this tank with vertical coils and this video builds it with horizontal so I stuck a driver in to twist them straight but only got them diagonal , fucked if I was taking them out so left it. Anyway wicked no special way just like I'd wick a dripper and it's back to vaping perfect agian just like it was when I first wicked it., gone a full day with a tank which is very rare for me not touched a dripper once and I have 4 at work. Might even get Vince to snip my 3ml top and have it as a permanent fixture on a regulated mod. View attachment 95019
Nice!
Suggestions for you ... keep the v1 nippled top cap and get yourself an RDTA wide bore from Drip Tips by Big. It fits over the nipple and vapes really well, £13 he charges including delivery and you get to choose the acrylic that it's made from.
Alternatively buy a v2 flat top from SteamCrave or The Nobacconist, saves the machining work and any uncertainty on the final outcome. Get a spare deck while you're at it, always good to have another build to hand.

Back
Top Bottom