What's new

How long do new 18650 batteries take to charge ?

ianleeds

Achiever
Now I own a Wismec RX200, I will be looking to buy a 4 bay charger and a set of 18650 batteries hopefully this weekend.
Now, quick couple of questions as this is my first mod requiring separate batteries.
Which is the best recommended 4 bay charger and ,how long do you need to charge a set of 18650 batteries for from new ?

my charger of choice is the xtar vc4 which requires a usb power source of at least 2.1 apms, depending on the capacity of the batteries 4-5 hours for 3 batteries in that charger as it will charge each battery at .5 amps where as it will charge 2 batteries at 1 amp which will obviously charge in half the time

I have a nitcore d4 and love it great display and gives u alot of info on how the batteries are charging. I had a set of sigelei 18650 batteries which are rewraps and they took a good 8 to 12 hours to fully charge. But then got a set of samsung 25r and they charge up in 4 hours max for me

Shipped batteries will probably be around half charged. You don't fully discharge these type of batteries and if you use a regulated mod the mod won't allow that to happen.
So first full charge should be quicker than a normal charge after your mod use has discharged them to a safe level.
Time wise, it may take anywhere from four to six hours depending on the batteries, how discharged they are and at what rate your charger charges them.
Some chargers allow "fast charging" so instead of charging at 0.25A it will charge at 0.5 or higher. The higher the rate the quicker the charge and the more you shorten the longevity of the battery.
Nitecore i4 is good, it will charge four batts at 0.375A or two at 0.75A. Personally I only use my i4 to charge four at a time.
For two batts or three I use one or two Xtar MC2 chargers as two or one batt will charge at same rate of 0.5A.
Two MC2s probably same cost as one i4. I prefer these chargers because they have a good rep, and don't hav efancy readouts which I don't trust!
I check batteries before and after charge with a reliable multimeter.

Hey I'm completely new to this my battery took 3 hours to fully charge since then I've just topped it up an hour a day during the day :) don't want it to run out of charge as I have just one haha! Hope this helps

+1 for the Xtar VC4

I use 25Rs as do many but you can also get VTC4/5 and HG4

Back
Top Bottom