Vape Club
What's new

Battery safety and Sub Ohm vaping...

E-liquids.com
I have taken to leaving the side of my Istick off so I can tell how hot they are getting, and trying not to go much above 35 watts.

Or would the cover help to protect me in the event of a catastrophe?
I wouldnt do this,your chances of shorting the battery are increased,a simple forgetful moment would be all it could take.
If i remember correctly there was a story of a battery venting from someone doing the same thing about 6 months ago

I wouldnt do this,your chances of shorting the battery are increased,a simple forgetful moment would be all it could take.
If i remember correctly there was a story of a battery venting from someone doing the same thing about 6 months ago

Thanks for the advice, I can be a bit clumsy filling up my tank so I'll leave the cover on and maybe open it up if I've been chain vaping to see if the batteries are getting hot.

Vape Green
mech mod safety.jpg

THank you for posting this picture, i'm currently running 0.1 ohm on a aventador v2 and using vtc4s. The confusing bit is the "use caution". Does that just mean use safe batteries?

Smoore
I've not been vaping long. Started with CE5s then onto box mods. Now i use a hexohm and vape at around 0.3. That's probably as low as i feel safe going.

The chart is good as a general guide to follow, but it's important to know the parameters of the particular battery your using with a mech. Essentially a mech is just a way to conveniently complete a circuit and little else, so the battery is everything.

Check out batterybro and look up the specs of the battery your using, then use ohms law to figure out the amps your going to push with a build at 4.2v.

For example the 25r is a popular reliable battery, and it has these amp ratings (batterybro);

"Max. continuous discharge current: 20A"

"Safe pulse discharge ratings: 95A < 0.5 sec, 65A < 1 sec, 40A < 5 sec, 30A < 6 sec"

Ohms law say's;

0.3 ohm build = 14A
0.2 ohm build = 21A
0.1 ohm build = 42A

Above 20A with a 25r your getting into the realms of pulse ratings (caution), so you need to know what your doing to avoid possible venting.

Hope this helps.

(I haven't read the whole thread because I'm lazy! So my apologies if I'm going over what's already been said by others or stating the obvious :))

Last edited:
AcmeFog
Here some information for our safety health and this is batteries cigarettes.We produce some e cig liquid which is produce by various types of flavor. If your e cig battery will failure don't worry you can get the new battery in our shop

Here some information for our safety health and this is batteries cigarettes.We produce some e cig liquid which is produce by various types of flavor. If your e cig battery will failure don't worry you can get the new battery in our shop

I'm not sure what this is saying... [emoji51][emoji848][emoji51]

Innokin
Back
Top Bottom