Vape Club
What's new

Think I want a Genny

Check out SKU 1743800 on Fasttech. I've been playing with the Tobeco version all weekend. Dual mesh wicks, simply stunning vape. For £3, got to be a low risk way to test out a Gennie. Probably cheaper than the mesh you'll need to buy...

That does look tempting. I'm a bit wary of jumping straight in to a dual coil genny but I'll definitely bear it in mind. Cheers for the recommendation

E-liquids.com
It can do single coil. Mesh, cotton, horizontal, vertical...

Very flexible atomiser. The well is huge, I find it difficult to think of it as a dripper. More of a Lid-less tank...

Last edited:
I was kindly given a Kraken (not a recomendation, I am sure those in the know have better recomendations) by @Tubbyengineer a year or so ago.
It required a new coil so I built a new coil round the existing wick and It was my main vape for the next couple of months. I thought i better learn to build my own mesh wick and that went well, that was me happy for the next few months (beginners luck).

The next time I tried a rebuild I went through a bunch of wicks and coils, and many hours over several days and it was hot spot hell. I will return when I have time on my hands, perhaps this winter. If i can consistently do good builds on my Krakens I could see that being my vape of choice , but I do understand why some people think genisis are the best thing since sliced bread and others think they are the spawn of the devil.

I suspect that initially they are not for those wanting an easy vape but may well be worth it if you master it.
I recently got my first genny, which was a Kraken too, and have been getting to grips with the delights of mesh. As a MTL flavour-lover mesh seemed like something I had to investigate, and I also tried mesh in a few regular tanks .... with varying degrees of success, if I'm honest. I think I got lucky on my first build too, as the second one (which I'm struggling with at the moment) has turned out nowhere near as easy as the first and is demonstrating exactly why so many people run away screaming at the very mention of mesh! Still .... I'll get there, and I know it's worth the effort. :)

Vape Green
I ended up going for the SXK Nextiny clone from Fasttech (which shipped today!!!)

I'm going to be honest, I know that people on this thread have been wary of the Nextiny, but the looks where what made me do it - it's so pretty!

I ended up going for the SXK Nextiny clone from Fasttech (which shipped today!!!)

I'm going to be honest, I know that people on this thread have been wary of the Nextiny, but the looks where what made me do it - it's so pretty!
Different choice, but similarly I have a weakness for brass and copper tanks and I confess my choice of the Kraken was mainly driven by the fact that you can get brass and copper sleeves for it! :8:

Smoore

I love the look of them. Really like the look of the new Nextasis.

Good luck with it. There's a great recent build thread on here.

Don't use the mesh they give you with it unless you vape heavy PG juice.

If you have problems, @Rob seems to be a human Hoover for SXK Nextinys. Don't judge all Gennies by the Nextiny...

Who's wary of the Nextiny then? :11: The SXK version is absolutely tremendous.

AcmeFog
Innokin
I'm getting good results from mesh-in-mesh #200 outer, #200sf (super fine) inner. I got a lot of good advice in a thread titled "fettling a Nextiny" - I think the consensus was #200sf straw with #400 topper...

Back
Top Bottom