What's new

Cuba refusing ecigs on outward flights!

nasty1

Postman
Just had an email from my tour agent regarding the flight BACK from Cuba on our holiday later in the year. Flights out of Varadero Cuba are no longer allowing ecigs or lighters of any kind in either hand or hold luggage, nothing about taking them out there from the UK though!
This is a bit of a bummer and guess it's going to be a problem if it becomes the norm on all flights!!

Guess I need to start scouring Gearbest and Fastec for a uber cheap 50W mod I can leave out there. If anybody has seen any deals then please scream :)
Cheers

Just had an email from my tour agent regarding the flight BACK from Cuba on our holiday later in the year. Flights out of Varadero Cuba are no longer allowing ecigs or lighters of any kind in either hand or hold luggage, nothing about taking them out there from the UK though!
This is a bit of a bummer and guess it's going to be a problem if it becomes the norm on all flights!!

Guess I need to start scouring Gearbest and Fastec for a uber cheap 50W mod I can leave out there. If anybody has seen any deals then please scream :)
Cheers
Yeah trust someone who has been going to Cuba for years. They don't fuck about. Make sure you pick up a cheap mech and dripper so you can give it away at the end of your hols. I've seen them bin a brand new laptop some twat brought from dixons duty free.
Get ready to love Cubans and want to kill Canadians.

Yeah trust someone who has been going to Cuba for years. They don't fuck about. Make sure you pick up a cheap mech and dripper so you can give it away at the end of your hols. I've seen them bin a brand new laptop some twat brought from dixons duty free.
Get ready to love Cubans and want to kill Canadians.
@eyeball kid I take it smart phones are Ok? What about IPads?

@eyeball kid I take it smart phones are Ok? What about IPads?
Last time I was over they weren't.keen on phones but I've been told they are better now but I wouldn't take the I pad.
But it's been three years since I was.there and things are changing quickly.
I can say internet.access was controlled via internet cafe's in the hotels and if you are having a shitty time and.email that back home that email would never get out of the island so unless you fancy a.severe cavity search on the way home be mindful of what you say via email or.text.

I went to Cuba 2yrs ago, took a selection of mods, tanks, batteries and juices. No problem at all. When I landed in Cuba I was asked what it all was by customs, when I explained they were fine. Coming back they didn't even ask anything.

As I say it was 2yrs ago and I realise things change... [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Which is your tour operator @nasty1

I'm flying through Holguin, hopefully they're not as bad as varadero

@chopper we are with Thompson flying to Varadero . Our tour operator only mentioned Varadero airport. I'm taking just a cheap rechargeable mod with built in battery and an old arty. I put up with a poor vape and leave it behind rather than a Cuban cavity search at the airport!!

I have travelled to Cuba many times through Havana, varadero and Holguin.(did some work,with habanos) and it is a lottery. Holguin airport in particular used to shit me up. When you arrive you climb down on to the tarmac and are herded into a hanger with a few doers at.the end that open and let one person at.a time into a 4x6 room with a dude and a vintage computer. While waiting you are checked out by soldiers with machine guns and sniffer dogs.
Once the man has checked your passport another door opens up and you enter frigin paradise.
Canadian tourists have pretty much taken over now but it really comes down to does the airport staff want your stuff.
Visit santiago De cuba while your there and the hotel Luna/mares is lovely. Havana and varedero are completely western now but places like guadlavaca are still old Cuba.

Back
Top Bottom