What's new

NiFe Claptons?

andy3434

Postman
Is there any reason NiFe could not be used to make claptons for TC? Guess I would have to use NiFe48 for gauge was thinking of ordering some and trying 28g 32g fused clapton, have I missed something or should this work in TC mode?

I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work, but you might get unpredictable results if the resistance doesn't hold stable...

I've been making TC claptons with Stealthvape's NiFe30 for a while now, and I'm really pleased with the results. I use 29awg Nife30 for the core and 32awg kanthal for the outer, generally building 4 wrap coils on 2-2.5mm mandrels for atties with smaller build decks, like the Goblins and TFV4 Micro RBA. TC seems both accurate and stable at the TCR of 0.00499 suggested by Steam Engine.

Got wire now but the swivels I thought I had are "hiding", waiting for some in post so I can start playing!!!

Well so far so good, running NiFe48 awg 27 core and awg32 wrap in my griffin 25 and working perfectly with the csv from steam engine loaded on my DNA200. Using device monitor TC works nearly as well as a basic NiFe coil so well happy, flavour is awesome :D

Well so far so good, running NiFe48 awg 27 core and awg32 wrap in my griffin 25 and working perfectly with the csv from steam engine loaded on my DNA200. Using device monitor TC works nearly as well as a basic NiFe coil so well happy, flavour is awesome :D

Would you mind making NiFe48 spools for me? I am in love with Ni90 Nichrome Fused Clapton Wire - 2*26/36. Heck I’ll pay you for that or similar dimensions of Fused Claptons in NiFe48!

NiFe coils are temp control only. Not to be confused with Ni80/90 which is wattage only.

NiFe coils are temp control only. Not to be confused with Ni80/90 which is wattage only.

yep I know! I want to use the NiFe48 (with those particular dimensions) in temp control and replay mode with my DNA250C device.

Back
Top Bottom