What's new

Velocity RDA v2. Notch coil advice

bhoot

Postman
Hello People's,

Velocity v2 RDA. Ordered some 0.25ohm notch coils. Do I run the coils in temp mode or wattage? Mod is Wismec rx and dna200. Have both.
I've heard mentions that you can do both so wondering what is recommended.

Any wicking tips for these coils?

Hello People's,

Velocity v2 RDA. Ordered some 0.25ohm notch coils. Do I run the coils in temp mode or wattage? Mod is Wismec rx and dna200. Have both.
I've heard mentions that you can do both so wondering what is recommended.

Any wicking tips for these coils?
did you try to put them on your RDA.. i was thinking to bought them so i search around and i read somewhere that they dosnt fit RDA'S beacuse they 4.8 mm in diameter.. i got velocity mini clone and my Tsunami in the way.. so i wish that you share your experience with us .. thank you

So. I took the wick out and cleaned up the RDA and after some playing noticed that the notch coils were both too close to the outer rim of the base. After wicking again, put the top on and I lost one coil according to the dna200. As the coils touching the outside were visible, I nudged them from the outside back in. After some gentle nudges the coils were registering properly and the ohms reading was back at 0.17.-ish. Magically temp mode seemed to kick in by itself and now it all works. Simple summary, keep the coil tucked in.

Happy for you.. but dont you think 0.17 ohm is too low.. wich device you useing?

Smart. It is low and uncomfortably so. Still I wanted to try it. 0.25 is usually my lowest limit. Using Wismec dna200 with 3x 18650s. I was going use this as a single coil on the avocado 24mm but the 510 pin broke so getting a refund then ordering another. Hopefully they will make them for 0.5 ohms soon, which would be ideal.

Iam in touch with a seller on AliExpress he told me that they will have 0.5 ohm soon
How is the flavor with this coil?

Honestly. It's okay but I cannot tell properly as it's not my usual wattage or ohm level. Once I get my avocado 24mm in a few days, going to do a single notch coil at 0.25ohms and I should be able to tell quickly enough how it compares to my usual fused 26G Clapton on 3mm 3 wraps dual coil.

Notch coils. Ah. Okay. You need to do it horizontally. Make sure the legs do not interfere with the wick. Easily enough really. Don't remember taking any pics when I did this. Probably because is was simple enough. Let me know what issue your facing. One thing. I kept my coils full horizontal but some people put the coils at 45degree angle or steeper. Personally. Notch coils are a bit wide so stuck then plan horizontal.

Post up some pics of the issue your facing.

Back
Top Bottom