What's new

Resurgence of mesh

Jugg1es

Veteran
This forum area came about because there has recently been a lot of talk about genny and mesh builds. Genny's have long had a love /hate relationship with a lot of members here, a few love it and others call it the work of the devil.
This resurgence started with the nextgen /nextiny which are a large step away from the old style of genny that had to remain upright for fear of pissing juice all over your lap. These aren't the only two and by the way things are looking, they won't be the last. I've been a genny user since my first mech and I've been popping up in threads asking for the best flavour tanks doing my *mumbles something about gennies and leaves* ever since.
Personally i took to mesh builds quickly (quicker than cotton builds) I love the flavour and the ease of build.
So, what has peeked everyone's interest in mesh. Are you the flavour Hunter or did you find it by following the trend of tanks.

Last edited:
Mesh + silica was the norm when i started,guess the pain we suffered with dubious kit is evened out by fact we learned to build mesh right ;)

Flavour, flavour, flavour. That's what got me into mesh and I still believe a correct mesh set up beats anything hands down on flavour

A single post on a Facebook group about the In'ax MKII saying it was great for MTL, flavour beast and easier to maintain than cotton. Rest is history; totally bypassed cotton and loved every bit (especially now the central pole builds are easy lol)! And it got me totally off the fags. Nuff said...

Last edited:
When I started vaping about three years ago and found out about FastTech, a whole new world of tanks and mods opened up. At that time two of the most popular items were the SS Nemesis clone and the Kraken clone. They were not the first things I bought, but among the best. It took a while to learn how to build the Kraken. There is a whole world of pain from dry hits on mesh, but once you learn how to oxidise wicks properly and get rid of hotspots BEFORE adding juice to the tank, the flavour is fantastic. I have wandered off and done a bit of sub-ohming and RDA's, but recently been using Gennies and KFL PLus V2's at higher resistances much more. Flavour chasing rather than cloud chasing.

A lot depends on whether you've succumbed to the sub-ohm craze.

Nothing compares to the flavour from my Diablo Hybrid built with mesh, but the airflow is non-existent and as I have difficulty switching between the 2 modes I've abandoned it.

I've also found that with lung hits I'm not getting any flavour on the inhale, so flavour has taken a bit of a back seat.

I have a Nextiny and mesh, and watched a million videos and asked and heeded advice, but I cannot get a build in it!!!
I get a hot lower leg and then it burns out/snaps.
Even at tiny wattage pulses.
I'm a competent coil builder and I'm stumped.
Unless the clone atty is somehow faulty it's me at fault, and I don't know why?!

I have a Nextiny and mesh, and watched a million videos and asked and heeded advice, but I cannot get a build in it!!!
I get a hot lower leg and then it burns out/snaps.
Even at tiny wattage pulses.
I'm a competent coil builder and I'm stumped.
Unless the clone atty is somehow faulty it's me at fault, and I don't know why?!

Tried going opposite way with ur negative lead mate? Keep it as short as you can,pop a pic up next build before you fire it up

Id always wanted to try one and an RSM came up for the right money, and thanks to @Rob and @juggles mainly they got me up and running fairly quick

Mesh to mtl is what a decent dripper is to subohm and my only mtl flavourachines are mesh

I also love the fact that invested time at the forefront gives months of service

As my auld granny used to say...if you hang onto something long enough it will come back into fashion.
Awaits the flared troosers comeback...

Back
Top Bottom