What's new

(This is it) TPD Regulations 2016

MrDJ

Legend
UPDATED: 22/12/16

MHRA release first list Product Registration
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ta/file/579687/List_of_submitted_products.pdf

im sorry to be the bearer of what weve been dreading but sadly here it is in all its shitty 36 page glory.

STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS

2016 No. 507

CONSUMER PROTECTION

The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016

Made - 18th April 2016

Laid before Parliament - 22nd April 2016

Coming into force - 20th May 2016

pdf - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/507/pdfs/uksi_20160507_en.pdf

and in a language we can understand http://www.vapingpost.com/2016/04/22/uk-detailed-tpd-implementation-plan/

let me be the first to say....BOLLOCKS!

Last edited:
im sorry to be the bearer of what weve been dreading but sadly here it is in all its shitty 36 page glory.

STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS

2016 No. 507

CONSUMER PROTECTION

The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016

Made - 18th April 2016

Laid before Parliament - 22nd April 2016

Coming into force - 20th May 2016

pdf - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/507/pdfs/uksi_20160507_en.pdf

let me be the first to say....BOLLOCKS!

How does it affect us. All i understood from that was under 20mg nic in 10mls or less maximum 2ml tank. Anything i missed?

How does it affect us. All i understood from that was under 20mg nic in 10mls or less maximum 2ml tank. Anything i missed?
Yep that's pretty much what I got from it nothing above 20mg, 10 ml refills max and tanks can only hold 2 ml of liquid for a nicotine juice delivery. I think that's a load of tosh and the nanny state is telling a 35 year old man what they can or can't do for some reason but hey ho there will be ways around it.

Surely all a manufacturer has to do is stick a warning on anything over 2ml saying not for use with nicotine containing liquids and hey presto you can keep what you've got. What I don't get is how this will affect mods in terms of constant delivery of nic could you not just measure it at each different level then submit that data, the refilling without leakage business strikes me as tricky and if we can still have flavoured liquid. There was nothing that I could see about stopping the sale of nice juice or have I missed something? Hopefully you can still make your own!

Anyway I'm off to buy a shed load of gear to keep me going while the numpties that came up with this spend all the money in their brown envelopes from Mr Benson and Mrs Hedges thanks once again UK politicians you've proved yourselves to be totally incompetent and corrupt once again!

The TPD 20 comes into play in 20th May. Vendors have a 12 months grace to get rid of stock. It's all bollocks really. I'm really pissed off with the whole issue and folk freaking out over nothing. Nothing will change really, if you know where to look.

ive not had a chance to have a proper read yet but scanning it those are the main points.

it will defo hurt suppliers that only sell in 30ml bottles or above.

also the new regs could block companies selling products to uk customers if they do not notify the secretary of state in accordance with the new regs. "A producer who supplies or intends to supply electronic cigarettes or refill containers must notify the Secretary of State in accordance with this regulation".

The TPD 20 comes into play in 20th May. Vendors have a 12 months grace to get rid of stock. It's all bollocks really. I'm really pissed off with the whole issue and folk freaking out over nothing. Nothing will change really, if you know where to look.

So people still allowed to sell it for another year? If this is only for uk or europe (dont laugh i havent got a clue) cant we still buy from us and china etc.

Did you read it? there's loads in there, it's pretty bad.

I think businesses will be affected the worst, not sure how POTV will get on either with all the sponsorship/advertising/discount codes and things.

"(10) For the purposes of paragraph (8), a product has a mechanism for ensuring re-filling without leakage if the mechanism— (a) entails— (i) the use of a refill container possessing a securely attached nozzle at least 9 millimetres long which is narrower than, and slots comfortably into, the opening of the tank of the electronic cigarette, and (ii) in the case of refill containers, a flow control mechanism that emits no more than 20 drops of refill liquid per minute when placed vertically and subjected only to atmospheric pressure at a temperature between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius;"

Doesn't that describe the current method of using a 10ml squeezy bottle?

Did you read it? there's loads in there, it's pretty bad.

I think businesses will be affected the worst, not sure how POTV will get on either with all the sponsorship/advertising/discount codes and things.

Yeah i read it, but it was so boring and using stupid words my mind didnt take it in so i am none the wiser :L

So people still allowed to sell it for another year? If this is only for uk or europe (dont laugh i havent got a clue) cant we still buy from us and china etc.
Yeah. Lol.
After the year, it will all depend on the vendors and how they "word their stuff"
And yeah. You will still be able to import stuff from China etc.
The TPD doesn't stand a chance. Too many loop holes.

Back
Top Bottom