Vape Superstore
What's new

Tried my first mesh wick ...... in my Pico

Crewella

Olympian
A beautiful Pico clone arrived in the post last week (thanks to the lovely @moley ), and I've been enjoying it all week. Then I realised that, with the pei chimney there was much less chance of shorts with a mesh wick than in my KFL+ or Ruzgar, and as that was something that I'm a bit scared of as a complete noob to all things mesh, I thought I'd give a mesh wick a go in the Pico.

I tend to be a bit over-careful, so I must have oxidised the mesh about 12 times, but I got it done and installed and it looked OK. I have small nimble fingers, so was fine with rolling it tight - the hardest bit was trimming the wick once installed - that seems hard to do without squashing and mullering the ends.

Took a while to get the coil glowing from outside in, but after a lot of adjusting and pulsing I got there. Great. Not the tidyest coil, but it seemed OK.

P1080337.jpg

Primed it, filled the tank, had a couple of gentle toots, which tasted lovely, and put it down to come post on here ........ then looked back at it and my mod was sitting in a puddle of juice ......... the Pico had pissed the whole tankful out of the airflow holes!!! Gah!!! :17:

So ...... back to the drawing board. It's not the Pico's fault, it's been working perfectly with cotton - I think I need a proper Genesis tank!

Royal Flush Vape
Vape Green
Does have to be said @Crewella, you really do need to try all of this stuff out on a Proper Genesis RTA to really get Mesh and the understanding of under your belt. You really will find it something of a revelation.

Does have to be said @Crewella, you really do need to try all of this stuff out on a Proper Genesis RTA to really get Mesh and the understanding of under your belt. You really will find it something of a revelation.
I hear you, @Rob, and will do that thing. Still, my Pico experience is not wasted - now at least I have been through the process (however unsuccessfully :P) so it's no longer such a big, scary unknown. Thank you for all your support, a great help, as always. :thumbup:

Vape Superstore
Just to add, thanks to some good advice (for which I am truly thankful), I've done a couple of mesh builds on the Pico now and had much more success with a sort of u-shaped wick going down either side of the chamber and also the same with a straw-within-a-straw build. Am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Kraken clone to see how I get on with a 'proper' mesh build. :)

AcmeFog
I've been looking at the pico as the design appeals :). Found this build online, it does use the micro chamber which I can imagine would be better for flavour. Might get some thing from it. http://discourse.theohmpage.com/t/adrianh85s-pico-mesh-build-with-micro-chamber/1381

That's the build I first followed when trying mesh - he's not wrong about the tendency to leak! ;)

I did notice the micro chamber, but I have a clone Pico and I'm not sure I can get one for this. Thanks :)

That's the build I first followed when trying mesh - he's not wrong about the tendency to leak! ;)

I did notice the micro chamber, but I have a clone Pico and I'm not sure I can get one for this. Thanks :)
LOL. I do agree with @Rob though, if your gonna try mesh do it with a proper Genesis :). You will love it!

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom