What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tried my first mesh wick ...... in my Pico

Crewella

Olympian
A beautiful Pico clone arrived in the post last week (thanks to the lovely @moley ), and I've been enjoying it all week. Then I realised that, with the pei chimney there was much less chance of shorts with a mesh wick than in my KFL+ or Ruzgar, and as that was something that I'm a bit scared of as a complete noob to all things mesh, I thought I'd give a mesh wick a go in the Pico.

I tend to be a bit over-careful, so I must have oxidised the mesh about 12 times, but I got it done and installed and it looked OK. I have small nimble fingers, so was fine with rolling it tight - the hardest bit was trimming the wick once installed - that seems hard to do without squashing and mullering the ends.

Took a while to get the coil glowing from outside in, but after a lot of adjusting and pulsing I got there. Great. Not the tidyest coil, but it seemed OK.

P1080337.jpg

Primed it, filled the tank, had a couple of gentle toots, which tasted lovely, and put it down to come post on here ........ then looked back at it and my mod was sitting in a puddle of juice ......... the Pico had pissed the whole tankful out of the airflow holes!!! Gah!!! :17:

So ...... back to the drawing board. It's not the Pico's fault, it's been working perfectly with cotton - I think I need a proper Genesis tank!

Does have to be said @Crewella, you really do need to try all of this stuff out on a Proper Genesis RTA to really get Mesh and the understanding of under your belt. You really will find it something of a revelation.

Does have to be said @Crewella, you really do need to try all of this stuff out on a Proper Genesis RTA to really get Mesh and the understanding of under your belt. You really will find it something of a revelation.
I hear you, @Rob, and will do that thing. Still, my Pico experience is not wasted - now at least I have been through the process (however unsuccessfully :P) so it's no longer such a big, scary unknown. Thank you for all your support, a great help, as always. :thumbup:

Just to add, thanks to some good advice (for which I am truly thankful), I've done a couple of mesh builds on the Pico now and had much more success with a sort of u-shaped wick going down either side of the chamber and also the same with a straw-within-a-straw build. Am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Kraken clone to see how I get on with a 'proper' mesh build. :)

I've been looking at the pico as the design appeals :). Found this build online, it does use the micro chamber which I can imagine would be better for flavour. Might get some thing from it. http://discourse.theohmpage.com/t/adrianh85s-pico-mesh-build-with-micro-chamber/1381

That's the build I first followed when trying mesh - he's not wrong about the tendency to leak! ;)

I did notice the micro chamber, but I have a clone Pico and I'm not sure I can get one for this. Thanks :)

That's the build I first followed when trying mesh - he's not wrong about the tendency to leak! ;)

I did notice the micro chamber, but I have a clone Pico and I'm not sure I can get one for this. Thanks :)
LOL. I do agree with @Rob though, if your gonna try mesh do it with a proper Genesis :). You will love it!

Back
Top Bottom