What's new

Mesh Build on Spheroid 4 | Piccoloid 2

kaplan

Achiever
Today my only genny the Nextiny clone by SXK kept shorting, I think there is a problem with the insulator.
So I decide to practice my mesh build on my Piccoloid 2.
Here is what I got. On the hind sight I should have taken more photos.

Image1460136946.999345.jpg

I used one of the In'ax MII tutorials as a guide. I think this one is called straw in straw. I will get with the mesh lingo hopefully as I progress.
The only mesh grade I have at the moment is 200sf so that was applied for both straws.
The dimensions for the inner straw is 20x10 and that was rolled with In'ax MII stick
The dimensions of the outer straw is 30x18 which was rolled on Nextiny rolling pin.

I then wrapped 28g KA1 on the outer straw.

Image1460136970.450956.jpg

Then applied this in the deck, removed the rolling pin and insert the inner straw.

Image1460137018.806628.jpg

The wraps could be tidier but I didn't want to fiddle too much as I wanted this first build to succeed.

I cut the straws in line with the deck, placed the top cap and rest his history.

Image1460137187.663370.jpg

Image1460137204.855076.jpg

It is wicking extremely well and there is no gurgling or a leak.

The flavour is getting stronger with each draw and I have reasonable vapour production.

I love mesh!

Image1460137447.710419.jpg

Last edited:
Today my only genny the Nextiny clone by SXK kept shorting, I think there is a problem with the insulator.
So I decide to practice my mesh build on my Piccoloid 2.
Here is what I got. On the hind sight I should have taken more photos.

View attachment 85765

I used one of the In'ax MII tutorials as a guide. I think this one is called straw in straw. I will get with the mesh lingo hopefully as I progress.
The only mesh grade I have at the moment is 200sf so that was applied for both straws.
The dimensions for the inner straw is 20x10 and that was rolled in In'ax MII stick
The dimensions of the outer straw is 30x18 which was rolled on Nextiny rolling stick.

I then wrapped 28g KA1 on the outer straw.

View attachment 85766

Then applied this in the deck and insert the inner straw.

View attachment 85767

The wraps could be tidier but I didn't want to fiddle too much as I wanted this first build to succeed.

I cut the straw in line with the deck, placed the top cap and rest his history.

View attachment 85769
View attachment 85770

It is wicking extremely well and there is no gurgling or a leak.

The flavour is getting stronger with each draw and I have reasonable vapour production.

I love mesh!

View attachment 85771

I wanted to LOL as well as Like :p Well done, just wait till your In'ax :p

Is it sad I have a parcel tracking app on my iPhone it notifies me of changes :p

I really like that, I'm beginning to hate this new section. Too many nice things that I want.

I really like that, I'm beginning to hate this new section. Too many nice things that I want.
Cheers mate. I like it as well. It is on par with cotton but hopefully it is gonna get better and the build should last for ages.

@kaplan98 how's the #200 sf holding up in this build?
Ah, forgot about an update.
It wicks so well. Still no leaks or gurgling. 4-5 draws back to back without the hint of a dry hit. I haven't tried any further.
I am gonna sack the cotton on my other Spheroid.
The flavour is still getting better but biggest difference is the airflow. Mesh wick provides more airier (if there is such a word) draw.
You probably know that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom