What's new

18350 Batteries -- Let's Get To The Truth!

caspinvape

Initiate
Hey guys,

Well aware that 18350's aren't meant for sub ohming and cloud chasing -- but figured this was the best place to find the answers I'm after from the advanced community.

All upfront I'm going after optimal performance from them, not sub ohming, so please no lectures on that... ;)

It always feels that people throwout arbitrary guesses concerning these cells -- I get they're not used much, but really want to know what can be done with them.

Based on my research people seem to generally say that 1. ohm is a proper limit for these little guys -- personally I find that 1. ohm doesn't give me much to write home about as I like a warmer vape. The lack of performance at this resistance nearly made me retire my 18350 mod, but I just love it's portability when out and about -- perfect for the pocket.

I did some digging and found this vaping battery chart posted by Wood Creek that states it's safe to run 0.7ohms on both AW and Efest 18350s (attached below). http://woodcreekvapory.com/2015/02/vaping-batteries-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly/

18350 Battery Chart.png

Currently I've built a 0.7ohm coil, 6 wraps of 24G at 2mm -- and it hits like a dream! By far my favorite build for the Le Magister (single coil) paired with my Le Petit Gros V2 -- great flavor, warm vape and kicks out some good clouds.

The obvious drawback is my battery life is short -- but I've found that carrying 4-6 spares gets me through the day. Might seems excessive, but does the trick.

I've been very, very happy with this build.

18350_Build.jpg

Until......

I've just returned from the local vape shop and the guy thought I was crazy to be running a 0.7ohm build on 18350 battery -- swore that I should never drop below 1. ohm on these and was sure that the thing was gonna go KA-BOOM!

I want to believe he just didn't know much about 18350s -- mostly because this build is just so sweet -- but being a responsible vaper I need to get to the bottom of this. My batteries don't get warm or show any signs of stress, so I'm a bit :hmm:

Any of you have experience with 18350s?

What have you found to be your optimal and safe ohm for this battery?

What is the actual limit on these?

Cheers and Vape On!

There's a thread on Reddit 'The 18350 battery testing is done!' by Mooch [Feb 2016] which might be helpful.
I only run a couple and tend to stick to 0.7 or above but I haven't really looked into it lately tbh.

There's a thread on Reddit 'The 18350 battery testing is done!' by Mooch [Feb 2016] which might be helpful.
I only run a couple and tend to stick to 0.7 or above but I haven't really looked into it lately tbh.

Thanks for pointing me to Mooch's thread -- great info and very thorough research

Back
Top Bottom