What's new

Welcome Mesh and Genny Freaks!

@vapemac mech vs regulated seems to be a huge discussion, so not going there :). I love the simplicity of mechs, they did scare me at first but as you will read in the posts, I did as much homework as possible, I haven't tried hybrid caps, and kept to the 510 connector. I do have a dual mech, but it is parallel not series (don't need all that power for what I use or concern) and I treat them all with respect they deserve, 2 sets of married batteries for the dual and decent batteries for the tube mods.

I am actually waiting to get my first DNA 40 mod, which I will use for the In'ax. So yes you can use a regulated mod with a Genny without any issues.

I got the ohm meter for added checking, and also it checks the battery output of tube mech's. Its funny the ohm meter and my mini volt are a little more sensitive and need perfection much more than my isticks, it can fluctuate madly on them but appear ok on istick. Hence suggestion of the coil master kit, as if you do try fluffy stuff (aka cotton) you have everything ready, though as above I just got the tweezers, a little screw driver set and the ohms reader to start. (back ups are good :) ) Recommend to get one as good for that independent advice.

Gas stove is fine, I did use lighters for nearly a day, and never again! that fun sunday I nearly burnt my fingers to ashes as was trying to oxidise the mesh so much. And yes its just to get rid of the residual crap and then it oxidises it, the flame torch is just easier as you can stay sat down and just get on with it. Plus I only have electric so not much use for oxidising the mesh :p.

Last edited:
Wow Decson. Extremely informative post there cheers. A few questions if I may? ☺ I think you answered my earlier mech question but just to confirm. It is possible to use a regulated mod for mesh builds but ultimately a mech is better? I ask because at present I don't think I'd feel confident enough in my knowledge to operate a mech safely, plus I wouldn't want to invest in one if I simply can't get to grips with a mesh build. You mention a gas torch, is this for burning residual crap off the mesh? I have a gas stove so i can use that but just out of interest, I still have about a million lighters from my smoking days. Would one of these work too? My third question would be on the ohm meter. If I build on a mod with an inbuilt meter is it safe to rely on this or is a separate ohm meter an absolute must?
Cheers for your help decson. I'll check out your posts. I have previous read @pfvapes journey into mesh building. For now i think I've got alot of research and planning to do and I'll be watching this thread with interest!

Cheers lad.

@vapemac yes a regulated device is fine for a genny. this might sound a bit bad but, sometimes I don't oxidise my mesh properly and my regulated mods register it as a short and won't fire it. If I'm visually happy with the build I stick it on a mech to fire this 'shorted' build as it oxidises the mesh quickly which can negate the short. Not something I'd recommend to anyone though, also it's easier to coil the likes of the nextgen /nextiny and In'ax.
A gas torch is handy but I use the stove, the burning of the mesh is two fold at the building stage. The first part is to burn off the machine oil and the second is to oxidise the mesh, this cuts down the conductivity of the mesh and stops the coil shorting on the mesh. You can use a regulated mod as an ohm meter but I would advise getting one at some point soon.

@Jugg1es brings out a key point (and was part of my sunday pain), a tube mod is really needed at first to help coiling these next gen Gennies, it really does make all the difference. And his description of the getting rid of the crap then oxidising is better than mine (still learning lots). I do it, just didn't explain it :).

Seek and ye shall find Sah. You may notice there are now 3 pages of this stuff! Phew..... need some Coffee. :thud:

No probs at all Stu @pfvapes Stuff will need moving around further or course, but for now I am just trawling the forum for anything that should now be placed in here. I will no doubt miss tonnes, so as and when you see stuff, just shout at @Jugg1es or myself and it will get sorted out as we go along.:2thumbsup:

I blame yo all but specifically that,@Rob. I have a mighty Kraken in the post. Expect a whirlwind of questions shortly.

Back
Top Bottom