What's new

All gone wrong help freak show mini

jammy b

Postman
So today I tried to build my first rda I have a freakshow mini pre made kanthal 0.35 27 gauge 1 0hm coil and organic cotton so I started building the coil read at 2.5 wtf???then when I fired it,it all collapsed it scared the life out of me and I am to scared to touch it pls help :S

Don't panic, don't panic Mr Mainwaring [emoji1]

It's probably something simple. Pictures of your build will really help.

1, Was the coil nice and tight in the terminals?

2, Was the coil away/clear from the sides and deck of the atty when installed?

3. Did you check the resistance on a resitance meter or did you just fire on a mod?

4. Did you pulse the coil at a low wattage first to get it glowing nice and even from the inside to the outside of the coil?

Last edited:
Aye, don't use the pre made coils that come with an atty!!

Best pop on over to the fragrant and shiny @stealthvape and get some wires and make your own coils for the atty.

and do what @9889harry above says. Test coils with low power pulses after checking the ohms are as they should be from checking on a coil calculator first.

As said above an make sure u don't have legs pokin out of the other side of the terminals that could be touching anything they should not be touchin

If your not at the making coils stage just now have a word with the resident chunt @cloudcuckoo , he can knock you up a few tailor made for the mini..

Chuck a piccie up dude let us have a look, sound advice already been given. Its nowt that can't be fixed.

The deck on the freakshow mini is very small. Easy to short out on the deck if your coils are not bang on. If your ohms jumped up, it could have been a loose wire in the post hole like someone has already mentioned.

It will totally reward your efforts though, my Mrs has a pink one and she loves it.

Also be careful of using plastic drip tips as it can melt them quite easily.

Thanks all for the replies I will attempt a build again later and post pictures wen kiddies r asleep,basically im connecting coil to centre post and left hand post im firing and basically it lights and and falls to the side im positioning coil over airflow and nothing touching the deck etc

Attachments

• IMG_20160406_185218.jpg
    IMG_20160406_185218.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 323
Back
Top Bottom