What's new

One for the ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bern

Postman
The missus had her smear results back and she is dyskaryosis neg for the first time in 20 years. This condition can be a contributary factor along with HPV to cervical cancer. The only lifestyle change since previous test has been the switch from tobacco to vaping. It may be anecdotal at the moment, but she is talking with the consultant about a small survey on patients to get some figures together.

Just thought I would share some potentially lifesaving news,

I will be letting Cheyenne know this tomorrow- if there is a link to a reduction in cervical cancer, that is mindblowing.

Also- I am happy to hear this for your wife, knowing this must be pretty amazing for the first time in 20 years :)

Update. The powers that be, well the NHS consultant anyway, deem a simple yes or no question to be beyond the capabilities of even the sharpest of minds. Being a thick chunt, I shall plough on, with the mrs' help. A minor setback. I'm off to get pissed. Chuntawumbas.

Word up. Can you all start thinking of real questions, with regard to the NHS attitude to vaping, to be put forward in a seminar I am trying to organize for May next year. I would especially like to hear from the vaping doubters.
Equally, the statisticians can fire their wads at me.
I am hoping to get a non-aligned prof to speak in front of NHS oncology peeps.
It will be professionally filmed, utubed, with proceeds permanently linked to a charity, prob CRUK.
Please don't post questions on this thread, just think about it. These questions will be accumulated and munched into one speech by XXXX XXXX, with Q&A's after from Onco wallahs.
I'll start a question thread when I get confirmation of NHS go-ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom