What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Phlegm in throat and VG?

Mobb

Postman
Recently started sub ohming and have been using a 80vg liquid for the last 3 to 4 weeks. The last few days I have been getting constant phlegm in the throat and a little throat tightness and having to constantly clear my throat. Phlegm is clear in colour (if that matters). So is it possible the vg is the cause of this? I am hoping not as I have just received 300ml of 80/20 e liquid. Anyone else ever run into this?

Ps it's not a cold

Cheers,

Mobb

I personally think thats to do with sweetness of juices, VG is naturally sweet anyway but for instance eating a bar of chocolate can sometimes make me phlegmy if im a touch dry on the throat, as for tightness cant comment on that.

I personally think thats to do with sweetness of juices, VG is naturally sweet anyway but for instance eating a bar of chocolate can sometimes make me phlegmy if im a touch dry on the throat, as for tightness cant comment on that.
I think maybe the tightness could be due to the fact I am constantly having to clear my throat of phlegm.

Been vaping since 2011 and I keep hydrated. Use to vape 80 PG liquids, this problem has started since I switched to 80 VG stuff.
seasoned vaper then, could it be certain flavours as I know some irritate me personally,
what set up do you use?

seasoned vaper then, could it be certain flavours as I know some irritate me personally,
what set up do you use?
Subtank plus and subtank mini. It's seems it's too much of a coincidence that this has started happening since I started on high VG liquids. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else on here.

I think maybe the tightness could be due to the fact I am constantly having to clear my throat of phlegm.
Sounds about right mate. Cut down on the vaping a touch, stay hydrated and maybe change to a different juice if you have one.

Well I have 10 different 30 ml bottles of 80vg I just bought. I did read some people are allergic to pg, but too a lesser extent some are to vg. I have about 20ml of 80 pg left. So I may stop with the vg stuff for a few days and use the pg liquid and see if things improve. Another thing I have noticed is that since sub ohming my mouth and throat are a lot drier than they were. I used to vape tobacco liquids on a genitank and not really had any of these problems then.

Just another quick question. I have also noticed that since using a higher % vg liquid I have a constant white coating on my tongue which I have to scrape off. Can VG cause this to happen? Also are my tanks capable of running 80% VG? Subtank Plus and Mini.

Cheers,

Mobb

Back
Top Bottom