What's new

Phlegm in throat and VG?

Mobb

Postman
Recently started sub ohming and have been using a 80vg liquid for the last 3 to 4 weeks. The last few days I have been getting constant phlegm in the throat and a little throat tightness and having to constantly clear my throat. Phlegm is clear in colour (if that matters). So is it possible the vg is the cause of this? I am hoping not as I have just received 300ml of 80/20 e liquid. Anyone else ever run into this?

Ps it's not a cold

Cheers,

Mobb

I personally think thats to do with sweetness of juices, VG is naturally sweet anyway but for instance eating a bar of chocolate can sometimes make me phlegmy if im a touch dry on the throat, as for tightness cant comment on that.

I personally think thats to do with sweetness of juices, VG is naturally sweet anyway but for instance eating a bar of chocolate can sometimes make me phlegmy if im a touch dry on the throat, as for tightness cant comment on that.
I think maybe the tightness could be due to the fact I am constantly having to clear my throat of phlegm.

Been vaping since 2011 and I keep hydrated. Use to vape 80 PG liquids, this problem has started since I switched to 80 VG stuff.
seasoned vaper then, could it be certain flavours as I know some irritate me personally,
what set up do you use?

seasoned vaper then, could it be certain flavours as I know some irritate me personally,
what set up do you use?
Subtank plus and subtank mini. It's seems it's too much of a coincidence that this has started happening since I started on high VG liquids. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else on here.

I think maybe the tightness could be due to the fact I am constantly having to clear my throat of phlegm.
Sounds about right mate. Cut down on the vaping a touch, stay hydrated and maybe change to a different juice if you have one.

Well I have 10 different 30 ml bottles of 80vg I just bought. I did read some people are allergic to pg, but too a lesser extent some are to vg. I have about 20ml of 80 pg left. So I may stop with the vg stuff for a few days and use the pg liquid and see if things improve. Another thing I have noticed is that since sub ohming my mouth and throat are a lot drier than they were. I used to vape tobacco liquids on a genitank and not really had any of these problems then.

Just another quick question. I have also noticed that since using a higher % vg liquid I have a constant white coating on my tongue which I have to scrape off. Can VG cause this to happen? Also are my tanks capable of running 80% VG? Subtank Plus and Mini.

Cheers,

Mobb

Back
Top Bottom