What's new

siam 18650 cube correct battery?

coverworks

Initiate
hi,i have purchased a siam 18650 cube....do i need to use a 18650 battery or can i use 2x 18350 batteries?

thanks rob

Do not stack batteries, big no no :) it is an 18650 mod and requires an 18650 battery. preferably with protection as this is a mechanical mod and does not have protection.

Agree 100% with KMS. When I started vaping I bought a mini cube and it shorted with a single 14500. Didn't half get hot! Luckily no venting or flame, but quite an off-putting experirence! That was a high drain IMR battery. Stacking is a very bad idea, plus it would give you over 7v when you push the switch! As KMS has advised, protected battery for your protection. :D

hi guys...another question...why is it that on the touchwood website the "touchwood 18650 Runs on an 18650 battery for 3.7v vaping,or two CR123/16340s or 18350s for 6 and 7.4v."

?

cheers rob

Because we are all adults who can make up our own minds. ;) We can give you all the advice, and recommendations in the world, but you makes your choices.
I am not a stacker with my mech mods, but I do not use protected, yet I would advise protected batteries in a wood mod, and also point out that with wood mods, a fair amount of time it is probably best not to have an atty with less than 1.8ohm resistance on it.

If you do choose to stack, ensure that both batteries used are of the same brand, and both have the exact same charge in them, otherwise, the battery with more charge will be trying to power the device and the other battery, which is the equivalent of a British seventies public information add where someone shouts, 'Jimmmmmyyyy!', as a child is fried by the national grid. Well, not really, but it isn't great.

thanks for your reply...why protected in a wood mod....what about metal mods? are protected better/safer option all-round?

cheers rob

They are the safer option and consider how well wood reacts to a high temperature scenario as opposed to metal.

Protected batteries will not work with some electric mods which'll usually have some protective measures built in.

Back
Top Bottom