What's new

An experiment............

whipitup

Achiever
20130402_110149_zpsfec95873.jpg

It's a variation on a Silica "U" wick on my AGA-W.

Rather than a "U" I've used a loop, still got both legs into the tank though.

First impressions - works very well.......I will report back.

please do as mine is going in the classies if i cant get it sorted :)....using silica...not bothered bout mesh but still mine is quite harsh :(...happy with agr cartos and hope more so when lr's come and got novas and evods so maybe just not for me :(

please do as mine is going in the classies if i cant get it sorted :)....using silica...not bothered bout mesh but still mine is quite harsh :(...happy with agr cartos and hope more so when lr's come and got novas and evods so maybe just not for me :(
the jester OK, an hour in, and still very pleased.

Let me explain why I tried this:

While I could get a mesh wick to work, I could not get it to produce the clouds of vaper I was expecting. I suspect that was due to the lack of room to wrap the wire around the mesh and still have the top coil level with the correct point on the centre post. I also suspect my meshes, while working were not wicking as well as they could.

Having said all that, the flavour was great.

I saw this (and a variation of it) on the net last night and thought I would try it.

So far so good, plenty (more) of vaper and good taste, although perhaps not quite so intense. I have found though that if you rotate the top cap so the air hole is slightly away from the coil position the flavour does intensify.

I'm still going to leave the Mesh wick on the AGA-S as there isn't really enough room for a Silica wick. I'll leave this for a couple of days, but if it continues to work the AGA-T2 is getting a silica wick as well.

Oh yeah...............the coil is reading 1.8 Ohms, Sigelei is set to 8.5w.

I was using 11w with a mesh wick, but I don't think I need it with a Silica wick.

mines the aga-t and ive followed maxim's pictures and description of his method but still not getting on with it and that coupled with the fact it has to be kept upright annoys me....may try once more later :)

Another experiment with AGA T2 and Silica Wick + Silica Tube

I tried another experiment about a week ago and have to say, IMO, it's working like a charm! Sorry for the slightly blurred photo, it was the best my phone would do.

Got some silica tube wick - the smallest I could find was 2mm internal diameter, which is still too big to fit into the wick hole so...

*I cut the tube to length, cut longways all the way up (it stays in it's shape and looks like a mini version of those cable tidy things) then cut about 1mm-2mm off lengthways so the overall diameter of the tube was small enough to go through the wick hole.

*Inserted a piece of 1.5mm silica wick inside, leaving it about 5mm short at the end I was going to insert through the wick hole, to keep that part as small as possible.

*Slight faff and fold required to push through initially, then slow, slightly twisting push to get in place!

*Once through, able to push the inside wick down until it reached the bottom.

*Easy to coil - 4 wraps, .2 Kanthal twisted, approx 0.9-1.1 ohms. Fill hole left open.

It needs priming with juice and filled and left to stand for about 5 mins, good to go!

Initially, I did get the odd slightly burnt hit as the wick was settling (and of course the 'tilt' is required) but have to say I have found the flavour/vapour very good and it gets even better on the second and third tank. I also leave it filled full over night, but apart from that, very easy. Also, I can re-coil without having to change the wick. Hope this might help someone? I just don't seem to like the taste of mesh wick, so it's been the perfect solution for me.

Attachments

• DSC01022.jpg
    DSC01022.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom