What's new

Dream Rebuildable Atomizer

I did try that Mark .. it tasted of mesh! I also cut some cellotape up and put it half over a hole which helped ...

At the end of the day ... It just wasnt an atty for me .. nothing worng with it per se ... just not my kinda vape

good advice

didnt stop it being far too airy for me tho.

A bit more filler material in the juice collector would have sorted it, I put too much in at first and virtually stopped the airflow.

Pretty sure Todd fixed the airiness issue. He had a trick using a small bit of rolled up mesh in the air hole to the mouthpiece bit.
Thats what i did after looking at Todds review worked a treat for me, took a couple of attempts to get it how i wanted it but since then its great

Still great after three tanks of juice, a great atty at a bargain price IMO

Following Mickeys suggestion and it seems to he wicking better but it's also leaking a tad so maybe use the upside down method when screwing the top back on and it will sort that.

Still tastes pants though as I have not cleaned the wick which was burning dry.

I just happen to follow up on this thread, Reading to see how you got on bud...

I am pleased that any help or advice given by All posts has helped you a tad, However not having used this atty I cannot help with leakage issues, Not knowing the setup or layout to the atomizer.

All or any of my input was based on the channel configuration, knowing this atty is A take On the Odysseus and Kayfun technology, Which I do know about having both... So a similar set-up...

Some of the comments above regarding leakage, and the use of filler, I would be certain will work and stop the leakage your getting right now....

Annoying as it may be, perseverance and patience is the only thing that will rectify this, but I'm sure of one thing,,, Besides cracking a beer in celebration you will no doubt feel it was worth it when corrected ;)

Ok, just a little update. Cleaned the wick, put it back together and it's still firing blanks at times. I put some Raspberry Dodgers in there and it seems to be wicking. I have left it at about 8w and it's burning well.

Lost a bit of juice again when filling up but not as bad as last time. It only holds a tiny amount so no crying as yet.

Will have to try grants again but right now just leaving it.

If it starts to work, I will do a follow up but only once I have tested the Vanilla Custard to success - That seems to be a common and relatively thick juice even in 50/50 ratio.

Noe these producers that preassemble a wick and include it in the product are really doing themself a mis-service, especially when the product doesn't work properly. Thanx for the review and vid about the dream atty it told me all I needed to know. It is obvious not a lot of R&D has gone into this the fact proving that is it has to be modded right away to work OK. My motto with things like this is if it doesn't work don't fix it, send it back to your vendor telling them this is bad and why, how can we expect vendors to learn what is good or bad if the device is not their vape preference. Most good vendors will recieve this and deal with the problem to the customers satisfaction, the ones that ignore do that at their peril and often lose business in the end. But as vapers we can't expect vendors to improve unless they know where we feel they are going wrong, and as customers to vendors its a two way street.

This is an observation of my own only and does not reflect on any particular vendor.

Regards

Simon

Just a quick update for all. I have persisted with this device having seen some people winning, and many others failing. Having taken the advice above and revisiting Todd's findings on this I believe it's back to normal and is vaping like a train.
I still seem to be having problems with Grants. Maybe it's too thick, no idea.

So, the wicking is still a little inconsistent and I believe the leaking has stopped, other than a couple of dribbles into the bottom chamber.
The throat hit seems a little inconsistent, maybe it's getting dry at certain times, maybe it's just me getting used to the throat hit.
Will do a proper follow up in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom