What's new

Need suggestions for my vape shop i am opening

My advice on this topic is. If you are on the dole and have been for 26 weeks, sign up to the DWP NEA scheme, milk it for all it's worth, nab all of the available grants and cash incentives, stock what you like without caring about selling it, and ride the wave without having the chore of fortnightly sign on's, "job clubs" "job searches" "work programmes" and "work placements". When/if the bubble bursts, you can still return to signing on for 73 quid a week and the fun has cost you beggar all. :D :D :D

I'm seeing both sides of this debate. Having not seen the Original "What do I stock" post - then yes the responses seem very harsh. Knowing that there WAS an original "What do I stock" post goes someway to explaining the tone of further posts, but a disturbing trend is emerging. A number of posters who could best be described as "Fairly New" to POTV jumped on the OP with both feet and a big stick. That's NOT the spirit of this forum, A better course of action would have been to find out if it was just a badly worded post, Not everyone who comes on the Forum is used to the need to be quite precise in what they ask - they don't realise that text misses out the non-auditory cues such as inflection and facial expression.

I'm going to make Two versions of the OP below - just as a thought experiment. The question being asked in both will be identical, consider what your immediate response to each version would be...

Number 1.
What should I stock, from Mods to Juices...

Number 2.
Hi Folks, I'm planning to open a vape shop, I've got an Idea of the basics to stock, but are there any particular Mod's, Juices, or accessories you'd like to see available in your local vape shop?

How did you respond? - No there's no need to post your responses. Just consider that the purpose of this forum is to Help others - Just the way others helped you when you first joined...

Basically for me it boils down to this, yes there were some posts that were too harsh, but there is now a missing OP that cannot be used as a reference so this is a debate where only the evidence of the harsh posts remains. The responses I gave I certainly would not change in terms of their content but yes I would reword some of the harder hitting sentences.

I apologise to those who may have been offended by my posts but don't feel it's fair to continue debating the response given by users when the OP has been edited. Also @Tubbyengineer I'm certainly not trying to get into another debate on this thread I just wanted to make my position clear.

Nope, not trying to start another debate, in fact I specifically said there was no need to post responses. It was just a "Think Piece" post intended to remind one and all of the Spirit behind POTV...

Last edited:
I agree too, and apologise to the op and others if my post caused offence.
I have a tendency to be a grump sometimes and a bit protective of our community.
Alienation of new members probably isn't the best way to go.

I agree too, and apologise to the op and others if my post caused offence.
I have a tendency to be a grump sometimes and a bit protective of our community.
Alienation of new members probably isn't the best way to go.

Now all we have to do is wait for @Rob to let us out of the naughty corner :D :D

Back
Top Bottom