What's new

Warning! Batteries

davy2311

Initiate
Purple efest batteries that state they and do 35A. They vent at 14A have a look on youtube and stop using these

Battery provider?
Build?
Experience of user?
Use?

There's other questions but, in short, purple Efests are good for stated ranges. They've been tested extensively by a number of reputable sellers.

If there's no clear evidence going up here I'm shutting down the thread.

Purple efest batteries that state they and do 35A. They vent at 14A have a look on youtube and stop using these

K.

Rob found the video for me and it's below.

I'd say the following: Efest sell huge numbers of cells, all of them are rewraps as they do not manufacture cells. Failure rate is incredibly low given that this is an isolated incident. Within production runs there will be some that are produced above spec and some that fall below.

That this cell vented safely indicates that it did its job perfectly. Not venting during failure is more of a worrisome issue.

Chap has gone on to add today that none of his other cells have failed in the past or failed when he tried to recreate the situation where one did.

This is nothing more than a vape drama in a tea cup. Purple Efests are as safe today as they were yesterday - and that's pretty damn safe providing they're genuine and sourced through a reputable battery vendor who obtains them directly from the company.

https://youtu.be/vOLfAQovmGM

ef.png

Battery provider?
Build?
Experience of user?
Use?

There's other questions but, in short, purple Efests are good for stated ranges. They've been tested extensively by a number of reputable sellers.

If there's no clear evidence going up here I'm shutting down the thread.

Company's like lg,samsung and sony put in alot of time and money into developing their batterys so when a new company pops up claiming to do the same or better with alot less knowledge in developing batteries it's a bit suspicious to me

Hi there mate, this has been known for quite a while.

Efest are a re-wrapper, that inflate their specifications-the 2900MAH 35A Efest is a rewrapped LG-HG2 for example.
For this reason, I stay away from Efest, and stick to the big manufacturers.

The abuse a 25R can take is insane looking at it's datasheet, all their stress tests resulted in a couple of level 1 failures (Level 1 is a leak, level 5 is explosion).

These stress tests include being put in an oven at 120C for 20 Minutes, Crush tests, drop tests ETC.

I have been vaping a fair time now, and have recently got back into clouds, as I was generally vaping at 40W and under.

Out of all my batteries, they are generally HE4's and 25R's, which have identical specifications on paper. EDIT: Both batteries nominal voltage is 3.6V, I wasn't too sure if the 25R was 3.7V, but they seem to be identical on paper after double checking.

Granted, I mainly use regulated devices-for a mech, there may be better out there, but for my usage, they do me fine.

I would just avoid Efest if you can, or if you must buy their batteries, find out what exactly is under the wrapper of what you intend on buying (Although even this isn't 100%, as in the past Efest have changed batteries under the wrapper, still claiming the same inflated rating).

All the best, Conan.

Last edited:
Tbh all of these new company's just buy batterys from samsung, lg and various other companies and they tend to buy the ones that don't pass the companys quality control

Back
Top Bottom