What's new

Is there a specific reason that Evolv does not have reverse polarity protection?

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Hi everyone-hope you are all having a good Valentines day and are well.

I was just thinking to myself, looking at the collection, that out of all my devices, the only regulated mods that do not have reverse polarity protection also are the most expensive.

My cheapest mods have reverse polarity protection, but the Evolv powered ones do not.(The DNA200, not the 40, I know that does have it)

Does anyone know if there is a specific reason that this feature is left off of their chips, as Yihi, Smok, Sigelei, Joyetech, and every other chip manufacturer I can think of offers this-even clone chips.

Is there a physical reason it is not added, and can not be done due to the way the chip is designed, or is it just a feature Evolv choose not to add on to their chips-Possibly due to LI-PO power being intended?

Thanks everyone, Conan.

Last edited:
The DNA40 does, the DNA 200s are primarily designed for lipos.

However reuleaux built an insert into theres that stops the user doing so

The DNA40 does, the DNA 200s are primarily designed for lipos.

However reuleaux built an insert into theres that stops the user doing so
it was designed for use with lipos and on board charging
Thank you-I thought it may of been to do with the primary intended usage.

It just puzzled me a bit, as I am running one of mine in Dual 18650 Config, 2 are LI-PO, and the Wismec has the physical reverse polarity protection-although I am still very careful to insert them the correct way, just in case.

Thank you both for answering my question quickly. Pretty simple now I know for sure :).

Back
Top Bottom