What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Calix V2 Review

Hi Spikey

Well envious of you buddy, those look amazing. Looking to get me a Calix in a few months.
A quick question (please for give me if this sounds daft), why have a sub ohm build on the calix? I thought it was a more mtl tank?
(I build coils but only experiance is with sub ohm tanks currently)

Nife30 is used for temp control so don't let the low ohms fool you, still strictly MTL, I run between 400 and 430 f depending on how I feel and how much alcohol I'm having!

New base has arrived, courtesy of the guys at byleo. Built it yesterday and haven't put it down. 2.5mm 28g nichrome with rayon wick, vape and flavour fantastic - one happy ape!!

Just wondering how everybody is getting on with theirs? I have all 4 of mine in use now but with Nife30 in all of them, haven't put a kanthal build in yet to try on a mech.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1455875491.153546.jpg

I only use mine on Mechs now. Lovely things, though I ran into trouble with the last base that I had from By Leo. A Fully Tested Replacement is en route. What happened was....... When I raised the Cup to access the screws, the Cup was unscrewing itself from the Pin. This in turn meant that the Cup, which is made in two parts, became loose and almost impossible to build upon as everything kept moving. I have tried everything I could think of, but to no avail, so finally contacted Billie and he has arranged for a replacement to be sent out and then I'll send mine back so they can see what was happening.

Apart from that one, they are all going strong with a variety of builds.:2thumbsup:

Strangely in the one in the last photo, I have to have the juice control open much more than the other 3, about 2 turns against 1.25 in the others. I use 70 vg. I put it down to my wicking although I thought I'd done it the same. Perhaps it's an idiosyncrasy with this base rather than me but I doubt it!

I'm loving mine, got a nichrome and rayon build in at the moment, haven't put it down since I built it last weekend. [emoji3]
Yes mate living mine also. Im using nife30 with bacon. Vaping jtjm shurb atm and its hitting the spot big time

Got my v2 base this week. Now I have 2 v2s. Brilliant vape; one of my favourites.

But where is this nano tank! Just take my god damned money and send me a nano tank!!

Please excuse me, I'm just so excited about the nano. I'm like a child at christmas.

Back
Top Bottom