What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Griffin Gone Wild

stewbacca

Achiever
I've had my Griffin tank for a week or two now, I'm quite impressed with it, easy to build and wick, good airflow etc etc so I've had the same 0.5ohm 26awg 2.5mm ID build on it since I got it. It's always vaped really nicely, but had very little flavour at all, you could tell what juice was in, but very little else. I've re wicked it a couple of times and still the same. I kept using it, because despite having no flavour sometimes I just want a nicotine hit, or I like a tank when I'm driving.

So today I refilled the tank and all suddenly... flavour!!! Same build, same wicking, same mod, same power etc. Still not as good as my Bellus, but a 99% improvement on before

I was wondering, has this happened to any one else? What could have caused it? How did I get strudel on my mod?

hmm that's a tough one, so you didn't change the build or rewick it at all?

I'm interested to see what other builds people are running on the griffin. My standard 24g 7wrap 3mm coil has been serving me well so far, but want to try something new :)

Nope, was just re-filled it. It's done it again, but this time with Dripworx Brain Freeze, and the flavour is so strong it's unvapable, and I've had Brain Freeze in a dripper before with no issues. Again same build and wick I was happily tooting away on for 4ish days (re-wicked Sunday or Monday).

I know claptons are popular because of the bigger build deck.

Nope, was just re-filled it. It's done it again, but this time with Dripworx Brain Freeze, and the flavour is so strong it's unvapable, and I've had Brain Freeze in a dripper before with no issues. Again same build and wick I was happily tooting away on for 4ish days (re-wicked Sunday or Monday).

I know claptons are popular because of the bigger build deck.

I'm using 24g 316L stainless steel from stealthvape. 10 wraps per coil around a 3mm bit and cotton bacon. Taste is sublime

TC Is on my to do list for my day off this week. RX200 turned up, then I was of on holiday, so haven't had a chance to play yet.

TC Is on my to do list for my day off this week. RX200 turned up, then I was of on holiday, so haven't had a chance to play yet.

Running it in power mode but does work in temp mode as well. I found temp control a bit of a let down to be honest :/

TC isn't high on my list of priorities, I got the RX200 more for battery life than anything else, it rarely goes above 40W, so far my best is just shy of three days on a charge.

I've had my Griffin tank for a week or two now, I'm quite impressed with it, easy to build and wick, good airflow etc etc so I've had the same 0.5ohm 26awg 2.5mm ID build on it since I got it. It's always vaped really nicely, but had very little flavour at all, you could tell what juice was in, but very little else. I've re wicked it a couple of times and still the same. I kept using it, because despite having no flavour sometimes I just want a nicotine hit, or I like a tank when I'm driving.

So today I refilled the tank and all suddenly... flavour!!! Same build, same wicking, same mod, same power etc. Still not as good as my Bellus, but a 99% improvement on before

I was wondering, has this happened to any one else? What could have caused it? How did I get strudel on my mod?
One explanation might be that the juice wasn't mixed well, or matured ... and the flavour was lower down in the bottle. Just a theory ...

That was my first thought too, but all juices have been thoroughly shaken before use, the brain freeze was newer than others I tried, and at times that was like inhaling molten lead, having said that I didn't think menthols needed much of a steep?

It could just be that my taste buds are crap!

Lets go with Occam's Razor...

Brain freeze is SO STRONG that even it's muted flavor in the Griffin will knock your head off!!

I'm getting great flavor from my griffin BTW. I can vape on my dripper then on the griffin with the same juice and only tell a minor difference.

Back
Top Bottom