What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RDA and Flavors

migvapes

Initiate
Hi everyone,

After signing up for an e juice subscription and only having 2 fairly big tanks, its becoming a pain to try some of the flavors I am receiving So, looking to purchase an RDA and have seen a few I would like to try, mutation X v4 is the one i will probably go for (I also like the look of the velocity and twisted masses). I have been using Samsung 25r batteries and they have been working a treat with (0.5) coils in my tanks, would these batteries be fine whilst using RDA w/ 0.4/0.5 build (calculations seem ok for battery specs) I assume I would only need 30A batteries if I were going below say 0.30 as an example, just I have seen people recommend 30A when using RDA, am I missing something? lol just wondered as It would then be a toss up between buying batteries or the RDA at this moment in time. thanks

Yup, 25R's are good for anything you throw at them really. .3 ohm is the lowest I think you'd really need to go anyway, and they can handle that just fine.

May I have an input on your choice of RDA.. TM is a league above the Mutation IMO. You can get a top notch clone for around £20, or go straight for the £40 mark, and get the Authentic.

The only thing the Mutation has over the TM, is clouds. Have that thing fully open, and it's like a smoke machine.

P.S.. Just my opinion! :2thumbsup:

What @hazard93 said. I'd avoid the Mutation as a first RDA, for the reasons listed, plus I find it really easy to over drip, meaning that your mod and hands will be covered in juice.

Both the Velocity and Twisted messes are very good, I also have to make the obligatory mention of the Derringer for flavour.

Thanks for the recommendations, yeah not wanting to pay too much at first (ones i looked at are from vape-mail around 12-15), plus i have heard the clones ain't that bad in terms of functionality. Think I will have another look scout about.

Thanks for the recommendations, yeah not wanting to pay too much at first (ones i looked at are from vape-mail around 12-15), plus i have heard the clones ain't that bad in terms of functionality. Think I will have another look scout about.

You haven't said what mods you have - remember, a dual battery mod effectively doubles the amp output of your batteries.

The problem with most clone RDA's is the post screws. The rest is fine, but 3 builds and the screws are fucked.

Agreed on everything posted above so far.

I use my Sonys when I'm vaping down at 0.16 (30A on these batteries) but above 0.3 you'll be fine with the 25rs, welcome to the dripping world!

You haven't said what mods you have - remember, a dual battery mod effectively doubles the amp output of your batteries.

The problem with most clone RDA's is the post screws. The rest is fine, but 3 builds and the screws are fucked.
Would not have thought about the quality of the screws, mostly center post issues with moving or twisting is what i have seen others have problems with so thanks for that.

I am currently using Kbox 200 but will be looking for another at the end of the month (for a backup/just getting hands on experience), any suggestions on a regulated mod for dripping?. About the Amp output, having not long started vaping my understanding may not be right, so please correct me if i am wrong, but what your saying would depend on if my batteries were ran in series or parallel right?(this is probably why you asked what mods i have) where one would double voltage rather than amps, just for clarification.

Agreed on everything posted above so far.

I use my Sonys when I'm vaping down at 0.16 (30A on these batteries) but above 0.3 you'll be fine with the 25rs, welcome to the dripping world!
Yeah not planning to go down that low anytime soon, pretty happy around 0.4/0.5 which since switching to 80/20 vg/pg is a great vape for me with nice thick creamy cloud production, again just need something that is easier than having to finish/drain away 2/3+ml before being able to clean out the tank to put new e juice in lol. I'm sure i will invest in some 30A batteries at some stage, as they say if it aint broke don't try fix it.

The problem with most clone RDA's is the post screws.
The rest is fine, but 3 builds and the screws are fucked.

Indeed, first thing I check are post hole threads and the post screws, some screws rust, others are useless, post related problems are the hardest and most frustrating thing for me to solve.

O rings can be naff but the same goes for authentic's, I have a bag load ( about 500 or more) of assorted spares o rings from FT, can usually fix the problems fairly easily. It's well worth trawling through the myriad of o rings at FT and spending a tenner or so. I also rob spares from other atty's but I don't really like doing that.

Back
Top Bottom