What's new

Review Aspire Cleito Review - "call off the search"

davrog

Achiever
Aspire Clieto - Subohm tank - RRP £19.99

I purchased my Aspire Cleito yesterday, during my first ever visit to a bricks and mortar vape shop. That shop was "Vape Superstore", in Peterlee, County Durham, which is owned by local mainstream vaping giant Vapourlites. Sidenote: it's a fantastic store, brilliantly decorated and with a lovely vape lounge area. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable, and most importantly, as well as selling in-house Vapourlites stuff, they stock a huge range of third party, more advanced products; mods, sub-ohm tanks, high end juices etc.

I bought my Cleito for £19.99, which is the same price Aspire UK sell it on line; impressive for a bricks and mortar purchase. While there, I also bought some "Elements "Fresh Squeeze" 80VG/20PG juice, at 3mg.

So on to the Cleito; what is it? It is marketed by Aspire as a Sub-Ohm tank that attempts to replicate the performance (in terms of flavour and vapour) of a RDA / Dripper. Unlike the ever-increasingly complex sub-ohm tanks (the Innokin iSub Apex comes to mind), with multiple air channelling, twin glass, etc, etc, the Aspire Cleito is laughably simple.

There is no central air channel or chimney - the replaceable coils also act as the only chimney the device uses. The tank is short and stubby and with one of the provided "cuffs" on, is a stout but confident little fella.....

20160210.jpg

So, Aspire were looking to develop a new 'high end' sub-ohm tank, in terms of flavour and vapour, and wisely decided to look at RDAs for inspiration. What they found was that the simpler the vape process is, the better the experience. When we drip, we're basically vaping more or less straight off a coil. They found that large 6 or 7ml tanks tend to comprimise flavour, as the air channel becomes longer. So the Cleito became short and stubby - like a dripper.

They found that enclosed coils, where the vapour then needs to leave the coil and travel up a chimney, leads to flavour loss, so the chimney was discarded, and instead the coil head unit and chimney became one.

We can imagine in the Aspire boardroom, that at the end of the project, they've discovered that this maximized sub-ohm experience has come from the most ridiculously simple device; that only consists of a small top cap, a glass tube, and a base (along with an innovative coil head design, that includes massive wicking channelling and a coil shell that will act as the chimney).

So..... their "high end" sub-ohm tank happens to become the cheapest tank they've made to manufacture, and in turn, becomes the cheapest sub-ohm tank they've released to the market. Result for Aspire, result for vapers. :)

Using the Cleito is so simple, take off the top cap, pull off the glass tube in order to pre-wick the coil (when new). Put the glass tube back on, fill her up with juice, and screw the top back on.

Give it 5 minutes, then .......

Welcome to vape heaven. In use the Cleito is just amazing. The airflow is beautifully free but flexible. The flavour from the 0.4ohm coil (haven't tried the 0.2 yet), at 60w is just something I'd not yet experienced in vaping yet. This tank, in my experience DESTROYS every other Sub-ohm tank I've tried, which includes the Kanger Subtank Mini & Nano, Atlantic, Triton 1&2, Freemax Starre, Innokin iSubs and Apex, even the Uwell Crown just cannot keep up here). For me, the Cleito tastes better than most drippers I've used and because it has a 3ml tank and more versatile airflow, is more convenient all round.

I am using 80VG juice and wicking just isn't even a consideration. It just goes, and goes and goes. Even at lower wattages, it surpasses some tanks when running at higher wattages.

For me, where Sub-ohm tanks are concerned, it really is a case of "call off the search". This is the one. For today any way. The Cleito is a sub-ohm tank with an identity crisis; it really thinks it's a dripper. :)

I've recently picked up a new Innokin iSub S, which is a brilliant new tank when used with the iSub Clapton coils, that can take much higher wattages than the rather under-performing standard iSub coils. It's an experience on a par with the Uwell Crown in my opinion now .......... but it's hard to get excited about any tanks after using the Cleito for 24 hours.

Flavour Performance: 10/10
Vapour Performance: 10/10
Build Quality/Construction: 10/10
Innovation & Design: 10/10
Value for Money: 10/10

Last edited:
great review David. im guessing you like it then :D

it comes a very close second to the crown for me.
coils on its way out after just over 3 weeks sso will try the 0.2 next.

Great review. I agree with it beating even the Crown. Doesn't take long to break-in coils, faff free and I've not noticed any leaking. (yet)

But it's gets real hot real quick ;)

Use the bands that come with it. They really do dissipate heat.

Great review. I agree with it beating even the Crown. Doesn't take long to break-in coils, faff free and I've not noticed any leaking. (yet)

Use the bands that come with it. They really do dissipate heat.
I do :)

Nice review - I was thinking of writing one, but no need now, you've said it all.

Mine has passed the ultimate test - Chiricahua Sun is as good in the Cleito as in a Kayfun, no other subtank I've tried it in has even come close.

Superb review - thanks for taking the time to post it. 100% agree - the flavour on this tank is amazing. Wasn't too sure if Aspire were losing the plot after the cluster fuck that was the Triton so this doubly blew me away!

Looking at getting of these to step up to sub-ohm from my Nautilus! Only seen good reviews so far and for £20... It's a bargain [emoji16]

Looking at getting of these to step up to sub-ohm from my Nautilus! Only seen good reviews so far and for £20... It's a bargain [emoji16]

£18/£19 at Smoke Purer, and 10% off with POTV.

Back
Top Bottom