What's new

How To Ultrasonic Cleaners

I bought the £19.99 one from Lidls in December, It didn't last a month, made a popping nose and stopped working although the display and blue light still operated. I'd used it maybe 15times.

My one popped then smoke came out from underneath the unit.
I phoned up customer service and I had to send it back to them so they can investigate to see what happened.

My one popped then smoke came out from underneath the unit.
I phoned up customer service and I had to send it back to them so they can investigate to see what happened.

I always find Aldi to be ok about returns / faulty goods but in my experience Lidls tend to treat customers with suspicion (that's putting it lightly). I was somewhat surprised when I rung up and was straightaway offered the choice of replacement, repair or refund. I took the refund because repair meant the thing going to Germany and back and the replacement coming direct from Germany. I was given a reference number to quote in store and that was it (along with the receipt of course).

For what it's worth I never rated the cleaner in the first place, after all what I'd read about the things I didn't think my one performed well, 4 or 5 cleans and one particular atty still smelt bad of someone else's juice. Ended up buying some Vodka, one overnight soak, all done.

I always find Aldi to be ok about returns / faulty goods but in my experience Lidls tend to treat customers with suspicion (that's putting it lightly). I was somewhat surprised when I rung up and was straightaway offered the choice of replacement, repair or refund. I took the refund because repair meant the thing going to Germany and back and the replacement coming direct from Germany. I was given a reference number to quote in store and that was it (along with the receipt of course).

For what it's worth I never rated the cleaner in the first place, after all what I'd read about the things I didn't think my one performed well, 4 or 5 cleans and one particular atty still smelt bad of someone else's juice. Ended up buying some Vodka, one overnight soak, all done.

I didn't get offered a refund or a replacement. They emailed me a pre paid postage thingy so I could print it off and then post it back to them so I did.

They emailed me the other day saying they are still investigating the problem.

I must say that mine worked well. As soon as I got it I put in some good chains and they came out really clean.

I've now gone back to hand washing in hot water with a dash of washing up liquid and then leave everything to dry on the draining board
Then when everything is totally dry I soak them in either vodka or white vinegar and then wash everything again.

I got the JPL 7000 from Maplin for about £30 and I wouldn't be without it, warm water dash of washing up liquid, 2 cycles of 480 seconds and everything is sparkly and sweet smelling.

I got the JPL 7000 from Maplin for about £30 and I wouldn't be without it, warm water dash of washing up liquid, 2 cycles of 480 seconds and everything is sparkly and sweet smelling.
I've had my eye on this, do you steep in it as well?

got mine off ebay a nice square one stainless steel with timer and temp gauge I clean everything tanks drippers jewellery glasses (ones you wear) old mans teeth (only joking) but my main reason for purchasing this little beauty was for seeping and my word it cuts seeping time right down wouldn't be without mine I think well worth the money spent especially for impatient peeps like me

Back
Top Bottom