What's new

which coils can I use TC?

ronzza

Postman
Hi Vapers,
I'm new to TC and have a few questions, hope someone can help.

I have a Evic VTC mini Firmware 3.0.

I'm thinking of getting the Uwell Crown or Rafale, both advice to use TC mode for ni200 coils, but can I use TC mode for their 0.2 and 0.5 ohm SUS316 coils?

Basically, can I use TC mode with any tank as long as the coils are ni, ti and ss? (sus same as ss?)

There's a site that says (for Rafale), 0.1ohm ni200 - TC mode only, 0.2/0.5ohm sus316 - wattage mode.

Hope I'm making sense!

Thanks in advance!:2thumbsup:

The VTC mini can run all current and any future TC wires thanks to its custom TCR settings.

However, I've read that SS crown coils don't work properly for TC because they have Ni legs or something like that, but the SUS316 coils claim to be TC-compatible. No ideas what SUS means, probably just a product code.

First things first, if you're using Ni200 coils, do not run them in anything but temp mode.

The Evic VTC supports temp mode down to 0.05 ohm so you shouldn't have any issues with the coils you mentioned. With the SUS316, I can't imagine Uwell would have gone to great lengths to improve on SS wire so it's probably just the product code. With SS wire, you have two options, you can run it in temp, or not. Some people have different preferences, for me, it makes sense because why risk dry burns.

Thanks for the reply.

After a bit of research.. since I'm interested in building coils myself, am I right to say that RDTA (ie. Aromamiser) will allow me to use it as dripper (ie, Mutation X) or with tank (ie. Crown)?

Back
Top Bottom