What's new

Hows the subtank mini for MTL hits?

I like them. Smallest air hole, 0.6/7 on the RBA deck. Cheap, consistent, predictable, simple, easy to coil/wick and plenty of spares available everywhere.

EDIT: With a narrower tip.

Last edited:
I'm an avid Subtank Mini fanboy, been using it non-stop for a few months now. But:

I agree with the naysayers when it comes to the MTL'ing on it. It's just not a MTL type tank IMO. The wide lung-hit encouraging mouth piece is the giveaway. Maybe modded a bit but out of the box, no.

You can MTL with it by all means. I've done it before with the lower ohm coil and some higher PG juice. The problem was the mouthpiece is too wide to get a good 'purchase' for drawing into your mouth. So I was having to draw it lung style just to get enough steam in my mouth to make the inhale part satisfying.

It's a spot tank but if I was to go full time MTL'ing I'd dig out my Nautlius or even the old iClear 30s. If I could get a much narrower mouthpiece to go on the Subtank though it would be a different story entirely. :2thumbsup:

I'm an avid Subtank Mini fanboy, been using it non-stop for a few months now. But:

I agree with the naysayers when it comes to the MTL'ing on it. It's just not a MTL type tank IMO. The wide lung-hit encouraging mouth piece is the giveaway. Maybe modded a bit but out of the box, no.

You can MTL with it by all means. I've done it before with the lower ohm coil and some higher PG juice. The problem was the mouthpiece is too wide to get a good 'purchase' for drawing into your mouth. So I was having to draw it lung style just to get enough steam in my mouth to make the inhale part satisfying.

It's a spot tank but if I was to go full time MTL'ing I'd dig out my Nautlius or even the old iClear 30s. If I could get a much narrower mouthpiece to go on the Subtank though it would be a different story entirely. :2thumbsup:

The drip tip (mouthpiece) is the easiest thing to change.

These are what I use on pretty much everything. I get a fantastic mtl vape with these.

So it can be used as a MTL but it is designed for sub ohm lung hits and it works pretty well at that. If you want a MTL then I would go for something like a kayfun that is designed as a MTL and has a reputation as being one of the best MTL atties out there.

I'm mtl one right now, middle air hole rba running 1.3 ohm coil, drip tip as standard and I'd disagree loverly mtl tank getting loads of flavour and vape. There proberly are better tanks but it's cheap and a good learning tool for coil building. The other point I'd say is pre built coils most rta don't have them they are all diy tanks.

I'm curious, those of you happy with the subtank as a MTL, did you smoke taylor made cigarettes before or rollies?

It's just, I smoked rollies, and to me nothing I've used (some 20+ tanks of various brand) never really provided the same 'draw' as a rollie without being harsh. As soon as sub ohming became more of a thing I went to direct lung hits and much preferred it any way.

I'm curious, those of you happy with the subtank as a MTL, did you smoke taylor made cigarettes before or rollies?

It's just, I smoked rollies, and to me nothing I've used (some 20+ tanks of various brand) never really provided the same 'draw' as a rollie without being harsh. As soon as sub ohming became more of a thing I went to direct lung hits and much preferred it any way.
Tailors (Silk Cut, with the non-adjustable air holes!)

Back
Top Bottom