What's new

vaping not ( smoking)

gazza1964222

Initiate
Is it not time that the powers that be ie, reviewers and top vaping companies stop saying (smoking) in there YouTube videos. It's not smoke, it's vapour. And stop calling them ecigs. its time for a new name.

Is it not time that the powers that be ie, reviewers and top vaping companies stop saying (smoking) in there YouTube videos. It's not smoke, it's vapour. And stop calling them ecigs. its time for a new name.

Too true, there is still a stigma attached to vaping which needs to be cleared up. In buisness too. My boss sent us all the Company smoking policy, when he asked if I read it I said no.....I DON'T SMOKE!!!!!!! Didn't make a difference to him. This is what needs to change, the general attitude towards vaping and making sure the difference between smoking stinkies and vaping is crystal clear.

Well in my opinion there are 2 types of vapers, there is the person that is vaping to try and quit smoking and there is the person who vapes just coz there enjoy vaping, if you are doing it to quit then you probably associate vaping with smoking so therefore call it smoking but if you never smoked before then it's always been known to you as vaping, I'm the second one of the two, I have never smoked and one day by accident I discovered vaping, so it's always been vaping to me, that's all my opinion of course, most people might disagree with me...

Well technically...

verb

gerund or present participle: smoking
emit smoke or visible vapour.
"heat the oil until it just smokes"

And most definitions class it as:

to draw into the mouth and puff out the smoke of tobacco or the like, as from a pipe or cigarette.

I get your point but I still change between smoke and vape, I don't use 'vape' in front of people who don't understand our world because I think it sounds a little pretentious. I just say that I'm going out for a quick smoke, it saves me a lot of hassle in explaining what vaping is and why I do it.

Yes, we should look for a different term but realistically it's what's in your hand that's important not what you call it.

I agree. 'Ecigs' as a term remind me of the first products on the market. The devices today are personal vaporisers to me, and I associate those with high quality and or advanced mods. I associate the term 'ecig' with a basic eGo style device.

Well in my opinion there are 2 types of vapers, there is the person that is vaping to try and quit smoking and there is the person who vapes just coz there enjoy vaping, if you are doing it to quit then you probably associate vaping with smoking so therefore call it smoking but if you never smoked before then it's always been known to you as vaping, I'm the second one of the two, I have never smoked and one day by accident I discovered vaping, so it's always been vaping to me, that's all my opinion of course, most people might disagree with me...

For 27 years I smoked, for the past 3 years I vape. The distinction must be there or the ill informed will associate the 2 as one and the same and they most definitely are not.

I get your point but I still change between smoke and vape, I don't use 'vape' in front of people who don't understand our world because I think it sounds a little pretentious. I just say that I'm going out for a quick smoke, it saves me a lot of hassle in explaining what vaping is and why I do it.

It's not pretentious fella, it's factual. When you say you're going for a smoke, the masses will expect the worst. All the negativity with traditional smoking (fags, pipe etc) will be associated with vaping. It's misleading and wrong. Tell them what you're doing and educate them. I have debated with folks who don't know about it and think they're "passive vaping" or trying to explain "popcorn lung" because a friend of a friend of a friend mentioned it on Facebook. I think thats part of the problem, a distinct lack of understanding and it needs to be addressed.

It's not pretentious fella, it's factual. When you say you're going for a smoke, the masses will expect the worst. All the negativity with traditional smoking (fags, pipe etc) will be associated with vaping. It's misleading and wrong. Tell them what you're doing and educate them. I have debated with folks who don't know about it and think they're "passive vaping" or trying to explain "popcorn lung" because a friend of a friend of a friend mentioned it on Facebook. I think thats part of the problem, a distinct lack of understanding and it needs to be addressed.

Cannot agree enough, the amount of posts I get tagged in on Facebook about 'my vaporiser exploded' or 'local lad has hole burnt in lung due to hot juice going down his throat'. You're then left explaining its those stupid little things that look like a cigarette and are more dangerous than owning a pet hyena. And the bloke who got the spit back was a newbie who didn't understand what he was doing.

I use a tank with my own build and a drip tip that has a spit back guard. My own juice that uses diacetyl and acetoin free flavours and pharmaceutical grade everything else, all sitting on a device with 20+ vent holes and probably the safest chip currently out. And apparently smoking is "safer" and vaporisers can't be trusted

Cannot agree enough, the amount of posts I get tagged in on Facebook about 'my vaporiser exploded' or 'local lad has hole burnt in lung due to hot juice going down his throat'. You're then left explaining its those stupid little things that look like a cigarette and are more dangerous than owning a pet hyena. And the bloke who got the spit back was a newbie who didn't understand what he was doing.

I use a tank with my own build and a drip tip that has a spit back guard. My own juice that uses diacetyl and acetoin free flavours and pharmaceutical grade everything else, all sitting on a device with 20+ vent holes and probably the safest chip currently out. And apparently smoking is "safer" and vaporisers can't be trusted

Easy tiger.........looks like I woke the beast! Just kidding. I know what you mean tho. I had it thrown in my face the news article, eleaf 50w I think, had blown up and burnt quite badly the owner. Who had left it charging OVERNIGHT and UNDER HIS PILLOW..........WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I smoked for 27 years something that has over 4,000 chemicals and about 70 are known to cause cancer. All I have to worry about now is trace amounts of diacetyl and acetoin.

But heres the thing - reputable ejuice manufacturers have made huge efforts to remove these potentially harmful substances from their product, to make vaping even safer and to remain competitive in a very competitive market.

Can ANY tobacco company say the same, to make safer a product THEY KNOW kills?

Which industry has the moral high ground here.

I agree that nothing I own looks like an ecig, nor do I consider my vaping a quit smoking aid really anymore, it's an enjoyable, relaxing moment in my day, akin to having a coffee...but vaping now also has such negative associations it's hard to use the word without running into trouble.
We definitely need a new definition.

Back
Top Bottom