What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VF Stout & 26650 recommendations

I'm pretty interested in one of these. It's a toss up between one of these and a minikin. Where did you get yours from mcboffin? Not that it matter...they seem to be about the same price everywhere.

Direct from joyetech with a 26650 - sign up to their email lost and 10% off worked out at £65 ish

Still need some more 26650s as it looks like this is going to be my daily beater.

Direct from joyetech with a 26650 - sign up to their email lost and 10% off worked out at £65 ish

Still need some more 26650s as it looks like this is going to be my daily beater.

I ordered mine from totally wicked this morning. 16% off made it £58 ish. Just need some spares cells now though so let me know what you get and if they fit please [emoji4]

Evening apes. I'm looking to convince SWMBO to buy me a VF Stout for my impending birthday.

Quite like the sound of the mod and had planned on buying something more expensive but it ticks all of the boxes and from what I've heard the build quality and performance are both excellent (any owners willing to agree / disagree?)

What I'm interested in is what 26650 cells to buy? I know where I am with 18650s but 26650s remain a bit of a mystery. I'm guessing with my 50 ish Watt maximum that mAh is probably my biggest consideration (obviously it's got to sustain enough current not to cook itself).

I'd really appreciate some pointers.

Ta.
Looks a nice, quality mod there buddy. Option to take 18650 a real bonus.. Keep us informed if you get it and how you get on with it..Cheers

I ordered mine from totally wicked this morning. 16% off made it £58 ish. Just need some spares cells now though so let me know what you get and if they fit please [emoji4]

I've had a nightmare with 26650s - it's been very hit and miss and I'm still learning.

I've ended up with 1 3500 mAh eFest (32/64A) and 2 5200 mAh eFests (15/40A). Not 100 % sure about the 5200 mAh but they seem to be ok (I don't do silly builds and won't use it in bypass mode so I'm hoping they'll be ok - any advice welcomed).

I went to visit the folks so was vaping less than normal and got a couple of days out of a 3500 mAh 26650 in wattage mode (Lemo 2 - 0.8 ish ohm @ 21 W).

First impressions are very good - it does what you'd expect it to and it seems to do it well. Worth however much of anyone's money.

Here it is with a black Aeolus Lite with a dual 0.21 ohm stainless steel build in TC mode with Must Vape Imperial.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1455313656.229626.jpg

If I'm doing something stupid with batteries, please can someone tell me - I don't mind being called a dick and I am keeping an eye on things until I'm 100% certain they're OK .... Maybe I'm paranoid but better safe than sorry.

Thanks @mcboffin. Il be using the 3500 32/64A efest until I can work out what to get. I'm a bit like yourself and have no clue about 26650 cells...bit shitty that the Aoso ones from torchy didn't fit though, I thought they were all supposed to be 65mm in length hence the 65 part of 26650.
The biggest issue for me is using Efests at all. They don't seem to be the most trusted supplier of cells around so I'd prefer to find an alternative if possible.

The 0.8 build at 21watts should be fine of them 15amp ones you've got. I'm not certain about the TC build as I don't really use it a great deal myself but I'm sure someone who knows a bit more about TC and the amps it pulls could help more there.

Thanks @mcboffin. Il be using the 3500 32/64A efest until I can work out what to get. I'm a bit like yourself and have no clue about 26650 cells...bit shitty that the Aoso ones from torchy didn't fit though, I thought they were all supposed to be 65mm in length hence the 65 part of 26650.
The biggest issue for me is using Efests at all. They don't seem to be the most trusted supplier of cells around so I'd prefer to find an alternative if possible.

The 0.8 build at 21watts should be fine of them 15amp ones you've got. I'm not certain about the TC build as I don't really use it a great deal myself but I'm sure someone who knows a bit more about TC and the amps it pulls could help more there.

They don't seem to be overheating using TC.

The fitting issue was diameter - no idea if the length was an issue as they wouldn't fit in the mod :-/

They don't seem to be overheating using TC.

The fitting issue was diameter - no idea if the length was an issue as they wouldn't fit in the mod :-/
Are they double wrapped? I've had cells from torchy that wouldn't fit in mods and realised they had two wraps on them. Torchy often over wraps cells with his own wraps.

I've been using the green efests for a couple of months without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom