What's new

Dream Rebuildable Atomizer

I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Appreciate what you say about silica. It needs to be fed with as much as it holds otherwise it becomes dry.
The silica around the base was to try and overcome the dry wick issue, so effectively creating a well within the inner chamber. It kind of worked but after a while it dried up.

James ....Just out of curiosity try putting pure cotton round the base as it swells and holds juice ......Just an idea bud

James ....Just out of curiosity try putting pure cotton round the base as it swells and holds juice ......Just an idea bud

I was looking to use some filter wool for aquariums, (a good soaking material if compacted, but decided against it because it's not silica. I'm going to take the same stance with the cotton for now - It's more about being cautious than anything and silica is considered to be a safer option because it doesn't burn.

Good idea though, just not waning to try it.

your only using the cotton to soak up the juice ...... and if its pure you cant get better than that ....try it james ...ive used cotton with coils wrapped round and as long as its got plenty of juice its fine :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

I understand what you was trying and cant disagree bud,

However I truly think the amount of silica used in the vid is actually choking it and working in reverse to what you hoped... By removing some silica and reduce its size dramatically the juice flowing at such a rate to keep the wick wet... like I said Less is more.... Have faith.

In honesty a single thread of 1mm wick ought to do the trick but having said that I'd still opt for 2mm or two 1mm's... As long as it draws juice by trying to place it near the inlet channel hole it should stay wet...Once it draws and capillary is working it should be fine, Once it gets wet it will should stay absorbing fluid no matter whether Thick or thin juice is used. :)

That's the same as I was doing with the silica though isn't it?. I'll see what cotton I have and give it a try anyway.

role the cotton thin ......I mean realy thin just so it makes seel.......Dont forget it swells once wet ...Im sure it will do the trick;)

Thought I'd pitch in here, hello all!

I use a single length of 3mm silica, tripled over in the middle for the coil, then the tails are wrapped around the base leaving the channels clear and maybe a mm of space at the bottom. It's essentially the same setup I use on the Kayfun and I've not had a dry hit with 50/50.

I've also loosely wrapped some filler material around the spring in the juice collector - it tightens up the draw and soaks up any leaks.

Keep at it, when it's setup right it's a cracking atty.

Thought I'd pitch in here, hello all!

I use a single length of 3mm silica, tripled over in the middle for the coil, then the tails are wrapped around the base leaving the channels clear and maybe a mm of space at the bottom. It's essentially the same setup I use on the Kayfun and I've not had a dry hit with 50/50.

I've also loosely wrapped some filler material around the spring in the juice collector - it tightens up the draw and soaks up any leaks.

Keep at it, when it's setup right it's a cracking atty.

good advice

didnt stop it being far too airy for me tho.

good advice

didnt stop it being far too airy for me tho.
Pretty sure Todd fixed the airiness issue. He had a trick using a small bit of rolled up mesh in the air hole to the mouthpiece bit.

Back
Top Bottom