What's new

Dream Rebuildable Atomizer

jrob3rts

Achiever
This is a personal review of a product I either bought or received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk

Right, so here we have my personal review on the Dream Atomizer.

It's shit. Ok, I lie. It;s just not that good.

Let me try to explain how this thing works...

There is an outer and inner chamber. The inner holds the wick + coil and the outer holds the juice.

The juice is suspended in a chamber between the tank walls and the inner metal chamber, as you use the device the juice it drawn slowly into the inner chamber where is gets onto the wick. It's a bit like a divers bell.

The unit holds 1-1.5ml of juice which is generally pants by other atty standards.

The wicking seems to work on thinner juices but as you put a thicker juice in (Grants 50/50 for example) you get dry hits. I reckon there is a way of getting this working but until someone shows me the right way, it's not for me.

I'm uploading a vid to show my thoughts on a wick mod I did but it doesn't seem to have worked using Grants again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oikSrIUYe40&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I'd like to add, and this is because I was really peed off with it earlier when I wrote my slightly abrupt review. When this works, it's bloody brilliant. It's on par with my Igo then which is quality but it's a shame it doesn't always wick. If the wicking was resolved I would certainly be all up for this.

Maybe a V2 will appear at some point, but as we all know a poor V1 will screw up many opportunities for a V2 to shine.

The video I mentioned is being uploaded and will be up shortly (maybe tomorrow now). It's not a review, just a thought on the wicking and a possible solution which didn't seem to work for me (long term).

this is not convincing me to buy it rob:P:P:P:18:

Right now, I wouldn't really recommend it. I know some people have great outcomes, and others do not. It seems to be a bit hit or miss. Personally I am more keen on something that delivers well, and continues to do so. I'm not able to afford some of the more expensive bits, but also know there are some good pieces of kit out there for £20 and under.

the main thing that irked me about it - its giganourmous for the amount of juice it holds ... like you say .. when it works it tastes great ... but small juice compartment .. and for me personally far too airy

mind you James that wouldn't bother you .. as you have a great big mountain train track tunnel bored through your iGo .. you obviously like it airy :D

the main thing that irked me about it - its giganourmous for the amount of juice it holds ... like you say .. when it works it tastes great ... but small juice compartment .. and for me personally far too airy

mind you James that wouldn't bother you .. as you have a great big mountain train track tunnel bored through your iGo .. you obviously like it airy :D

Is it ginormous? I hadn't noticed, though I haven't been able to notice much since I picked it up and poked an eye out.
Haha, the reamed hole is not that big, and for me it's a steam train mod. Get me this pull in something with a tank and I am sold. I might have to drill out the Aga hole and silica that bad boy up.

I have never tried this thing, but seen reviews Etc.

Also I am led to believe somewhat it's like the kayfun by design/working functions!! The wicking system is Not Kayfun technology it is GG technology.

Kayfun & Dream aka (kayfun clone) are designed to function NOT unlike the GG atties.. UFS, Odysseus, Penelope etc. which work superbly Always...I have Odysseus & kayfun mini 2.1... I didn't want the larger version yet as it is/was not avail in Polished Lol.

So if you are having wicking problems or dry hits... Do You wick down the channels ?? If so DON'T..... and try it without doing it that way.
Just wrap excess wick above the thread and ignore the channels, The juice should enter the small intake holes/channels regardless and be drawn to the coil, so the assumption for the wick fed via the channels may just be constricting them and affecting flow ?

The same could be said with your first post !!! Thin juice works ok, thick juice does not .....(it's constricted).

kayfun mini does not have wick channels it assumes gravitational pull through the flow holes toward the coil.
Is this why you stated when it works its Brill ! upon filling and wet wicks etc. then runs dry !!! Just a thought.

I have tried wick in the channels and wick outside of the channels (wick excess wick near the base). I might give it a try with the wick just hanging near the channels and see what happens.
The theory should work as you have pointed out but I do suspect that the tank needs to be wider in order the the push downwards to be more and as such allow the wick to soak up juices quicker.

I have tried wick in the channels and wick outside of the channels (wick excess wick near the base). I might give it a try with the wick just hanging near the channels and see what happens.
The theory should work as you have pointed out but I do suspect that the tank needs to be wider in order the the push downwards to be more and as such allow the wick to soak up juices quicker.

I was just about to suggest after just this min watching your vid,,, You have wayyyyyy too much silica.....remove all that excess maybe even pull a few strands from through the main coil to reduce its size somewhat....use around 2mm width Only and try to screw your cap down with the ends of silica wick just about over the Hole at each side to help draw juice coil bound when it pressures its way up the feed holes.......

Many ppl assume huge amounts of silica will absorb more juice at a time and therefore give huge plumes of vapour,, it does not work that way (Less is more) ;)

Back
Top Bottom