What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mods Ripping Wrap

nigandjan

Initiate
Hey all :)

Is anybody getting there batteries ruined and having to rewrap them often? My X Cube II eats them for breakfast due to been very stiff removing them and reinserting them. I have had a Sony short and am getting tired of it now.

I am preferring my NEEBOX and EVIC Mini with built in USB charging, I use a 450mah charger so don't over power the battery but miss the 80w power I get with my Cube and TFV4.

Are other mods this destroying to batteries????

I had this problem with the xcube! Got rid of that and now have a kooper plus and it's much better

Another guick one,

If I was to use my EVICT Mini and upgrade to V3 would it put a single Sony HE4 under too much stress @ 70w?

my xcube mini also eats the bottoms off my 25r's
I've had it about 8 weeks and my two batts are about knackered
Still doesn't deduct from how much I like it though, love the fire bar

my xcube mini also eats the bottoms off my 25r's
I've had it about 8 weeks and my two batts are about knackered
Still doesn't deduct from how much I like it though, love the fire bar

I have little knicks in mines from the rx200... Have you thought about re-wrapping the batteries yourself.. famous last words but looks quite easy on youtube I've ordered some wrap. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

cheers

Gaz

I've had similar issues with my IPV 4. The best way to improve it's longevity is to remove the batteries by the negative end first. It's flatter so it allows the battery to slide smoothly. The one thing I've never done is re-wrap my batteries, for the sake of £12, I'd always err on the side of caution.

I've moved onto the Reuleaux DNA200, amazingly smooth contacts, the batteries are still pristine 3 months since I got it.

I have little knicks in mines from the rx200... Have you thought about re-wrapping the batteries yourself.. famous last words but looks quite easy on youtube I've ordered some wrap. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

cheers

Gaz
Mine no longer really have any wrap on the bottom of them, I'm just careful when I pop them in and out of my mod and charger
Not given re-wrapping any thought but I'm terrible with things like that :P
I'm with @mikeyvapes21 for the sake of £6 a battery, I'd rather just pay for a fresh set :P

Not given re-wrapping any thought but I'm terrible with things like that :P
I'm with @mikeyvapes21 for the sake of £6 a battery, I'd rather just pay for a fresh set :P

Rip old wrap off, slide new wrap on and apply heat to shrink it.
Rocket science it aint!

Back
Top Bottom